Sponsored

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
I really do have a hard time believing that the truck you are getting has NOTHING other than mud guards and no distributor adds, and you cant knock the guy for listing MSRP that includes the distributor add ons.
I think you are confused. MSRP for a Limited is $52,100 per Toyota website + an additional $1,495 shipping and delivery. This is the price, prior to any FIO (factory) or PIO (port) or DIO (dealer) installed options. You seem to be indicating that the guy with the service is including all FIO, PIO, DIO at MSRP which is $52,100 +$1,495 = $53,600 This is MSRP and he is not including any FIO, PIO, DIO at that price, you will be charged accordingly for them + MSRP.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Ok, thats fair. You showed me one that only has mud guards so Ill give you that, but still, distributor add ons are included in the MSRP.

OP
OP
Jrouleau426

Jrouleau426

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tundra crewmax
I understand completely, your list doesnā€™t reflect what those options are, so again, I donā€™t see any value from your service if I am forced to buy accessories I donā€™t want or if canā€™t be removed, it is MSRP Plus cost of accessories. No Value to me. You advertise 1-2K below MSRP when on 2024 does not exist. I have 5 dealers within 100 miles of me who all will sell at MSRP without any added accessories. I could maybe see your service being of value if there were not any dealers offering MSRP. For those buying at MSRP, I just donā€™t see the value of your service. Prove me wrongšŸ¤·
i assure you that your local dealers have trucks with factory options. Toyota sends what they send. We donā€™t choose that we take what they send us. My dealer doesnā€™t add anything.

Big diff from dealers that add tint, ppf, cat guards and port options like floor mats, door edge guards etc. The dealer pays for those port options and is discounting $2000. They wonā€™t take them off and discount.

if youā€™re patient and donā€™t need these now I assure you Iā€™ll be 3-5k off by summer. Iā€™ve always had the highest discount in the country on trucks and that wonā€™t change. Once other dealers do 2k off. Iā€™ll be going to 4 etc.

Last edited:

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
i assure you that your local dealers have trucks with factory options. Toyota sends what they send. We donā€™t choose that we take what they send us. My dealer doesnā€™t add anything.
Mud flaps as noted above and below.

2024 Tacoma $500-1000 under invocieon 2024 Tacomas! šŸ’µ Purchase & Leasing IMG_2722

2024 Tacoma $500-1000 under invocieon 2024 Tacomas! šŸ’µ Purchase & Leasing IMG_2721

OP
OP
Jrouleau426

Jrouleau426

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tundra crewmax

IMG_2722.png

IMG_2721.png
Well fantastic. I didnā€™t get one like that yet. But the fact remains youā€™re paying msrp and not getting a discount. If I had that build I could get 2k off it. Very simple.

also make sure you factor in doc fee. Some states are $1000. Iā€™m at 464. We also have free Toyota care. The setf dealers charge $699.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jrouleau426

Jrouleau426

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tundra crewmax

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
You do understand that the lower trims tend to have much more add ons right? The Limited is already a high profit model for Toyota. You're paying for all that content already. Good luck finding a totally base SR/SR5 with just mud flaps.

OP
OP
Jrouleau426

Jrouleau426

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tundra crewmax
You do understand that the lower trims tend to have much more add ons right? The Limited is already a high profit model for Toyota. You're paying for all that content already. Good luck finding a totally base SR/SR5 with just mud flaps.
Out of all my trucks I have one fully base model sr 4x2 and itā€™s 35k. If you follow Toyota they know how to profit. Siennas have been in a shortage for 3 years now and I could all that time get loaded limited and platinums, le? 6 month + wait and usually a markup

dealers are slaves to the manufacturer and Iā€™m beholden to the dealer. Just the chain of command. But as a broker Iā€™m able to locate the cheapest deals in the country, sure you might be able to make 30 phone calls and do the same, then hope the dealer doesnā€™t play games. Or you pay my fee and have a guarantee. Plenty of people do it both ways, capitalism is all about options

tswift

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
You've got me actually hopeful at buying one of these again. Having to deal with FL dealerships was something I really wasn't looking forward to. Now I just gotta wait on you to get my unicorn of a truck.

SupaSupra

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Supra
You've got me actually hopeful at buying one of these again. Having to deal with FL dealerships was something I really wasn't looking forward to. Now I just gotta wait on you to get my unicorn of a truck.
Agreed. Some people might like it but I hate dealing with dealerships. Sure you can haggle and try to score a better deal by threatening to walk but that's exactly the kind of stuff I can't stand. Plus this truck is too new they will just sell to the next guy.

Just give me a decent deal at the outset and the OTD price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jrouleau426

Jrouleau426

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tundra crewmax
Agreed. Some people might like it but I hate dealing with dealerships. Sure you can haggle and try to score a better deal by threatening to walk but that's exactly the kind of stuff I can't stand. Plus this truck is too new they will just sell to the next guy.

Just give me a decent deal at the outset and the OTD price.
If Iā€™m not personally buying a Toyota I use brokers myself. Just not worth dealing with these guys unless you know a GM or have a very strong relationship with a dealer. Since Covid they play more games then ever and they wonā€™t balk, like you said these days thereā€™s always another sucker that will buy.

Newwt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 TRD OR
Can confirm what Jim is saying, I live in FL and specifically went with him for my 2021 TRD OR because I got tired of dealing with SET and all their BS addons when all i wanted was a base 4x4 truck with LED headlights.

Jayzeee

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I have a genuine question and would like a genuine guess. How much do you guys think the Trailhunter will cost? Cause Iā€™m debating between a Trailhunter or a Tundra 4x4.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
I have a genuine question and would like a genuine guess. How much do you guys think the Trailhunter will cost? Cause Iā€™m debating between a Trailhunter or a Tundra 4x4.
North of $60K

OP
OP
Jrouleau426

Jrouleau426

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tundra crewmax
are you asking what dealers will be selling them for or what the msrp will be? If youā€™re not on a waitlist and you want one, youā€™re going to be paying over msrp unless you get very lucky or wait a year.
Sponsored