Sponsored

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
These are the 17x7 TRD wheels often used on 4Runners.
im hoping that the 20’s don’t look goofy. I think they’ll look good though since the truck is a little bigger than previous gen’s. I’ll have less sidewall, but my truck might see mud a a handful times a year when I’m out hunting. I don’t think I’ll be sacrificing any capability in what I’ll use it for.

JLO1971

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD OR, Husky TE150
No lift was required, but hub rings make it much easier to get wheel centered correctly. Specs for hubrings are: 95.1mm ID to 106.1mm OD
I’m trying to do the same thing. I have the wheels sitting here in boxes, but scratching my head on the lug nuts. 4g lug nuts won’t go through the 3g wheel and 3g lug nuts are too small for the 4g stud. What do I do?

OP
OP

coloktm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma TRD Offroad
I’m trying to do the same thing. I have the wheels sitting here in boxes, but scratching my head on the lug nuts. 4g lug nuts won’t go through the 3g wheel and 3g lug nuts are too small for the 4g stud. What do I do?
I didn’t have to do anything with lug holes. I used 2024 lug nuts as they fit studs. I had to remove center caps to get lug nuts on, but once in place, center cap pops right back on.

Sponsored

JLO1971

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD OR, Husky TE150
What's the diameter of the 4G lug shank?
.87 inches or 22 mm.

Found lug nuts that I believe will work if detail measurements are correct. They are called Toyota on Chevy Lug Nuts. Another member and I have been discussing all day. He gets the credit for finding them

OP
OP

coloktm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Sorry for my slow responses, I called dealer where I bought my truck. When I was there, we test fit a set of these wheels. I didn’t realize it, but the guy test fitting grabbed what he called “tundra lug nuts” and since the hub was the same, I just assumed they were same as oem. Sorry for the confusion and lack of detail. Looks like you found something analogous.

Sponsored

apryakhin

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
@JLO1971 @coloktm

Guys, so I have been driving my Tacoma for 1.5 months and thinking everyday which wheels to get. I am finally starting to think that I want just TRD Pro wheels..

Where do I get them from? Here I can order those:
https://raveoffroad.com/products/17-trd-pro-wheels-set-of-4?variant=40115703119907

As you can see, there are different lug nuts I can choose...for 2022+Tundra or Tacoma/4Runner. Could you please help with figuring out which once I need?

I am happy to order the wheels from whenever you say is best.

JLO1971

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD OR, Husky TE150
@JLO1971 @coloktm

Guys, so I have been driving my Tacoma for 1.5 months and thinking everyday which wheels to get. I am finally starting to think that I want just TRD Pro wheels..

Where do I get them from? Here I can order those:
https://raveoffroad.com/products/17-trd-pro-wheels-set-of-4?variant=40115703119907

As you can see, there are different lug nuts I can choose...for 2022+Tundra or Tacoma/4Runner. Could you please help with figuring out which once I need?

I am happy to order the wheels from whenever you say is best.
I bought my wheels on eBay from a Toyota dealer in Pennsylvania. No problem at all. They have all the colors if you search. I did one thing different than most. I went 255/75/17. Some refer to them as pizza cutters. They are narrow compared to what most are doing. But true 32 inches tall. I did this mainly because I want as little poke as I can with these wheels. These wheels offset is not ideal for the 4g in my opinion. I ordered the lug nut I showed in this thread a little ways back, but they showed up the wrong color (chrome). Black ones are shipped and I’m waiting for them to arrive to get them mounted on the truck. The picture of the wheel next to my truck is just sitting there not mounted so not accurate proportions. Hopefully I’ll have the lug nuts by the weekend and I’ll share my final report asap.

2024 Tacoma 3rd Gen TRD Wheels (+ 285/70R17 Tires) on 2024 Tacoma IMG_0076

2024 Tacoma 3rd Gen TRD Wheels (+ 285/70R17 Tires) on 2024 Tacoma IMG_6113

2024 Tacoma 3rd Gen TRD Wheels (+ 285/70R17 Tires) on 2024 Tacoma IMG_6114

mosesfamily4

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
I bought my wheels on eBay from a Toyota dealer in Pennsylvania. No problem at all. They have all the colors if you search. I did one thing different than most. I went 255/75/17. Some refer to them as pizza cutters. They are narrow compared to what most are doing. But true 32 inches tall. I did this mainly because I want as little poke as I can with these wheels. These wheels offset is not ideal for the 4g in my opinion. I ordered the lug nut I showed in this thread a little ways back, but they showed up the wrong color (chrome). Black ones are shipped and I’m waiting for them to arrive to get them mounted on the truck. The picture of the wheel next to my truck is just sitting there not mounted so not accurate proportions. Hopefully I’ll have the lug nuts by the weekend and I’ll share my final report asap.

IMG_0076.png

IMG_6113.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg
Did you happen to try the chrome ones to see if they will fit inside the wheel hole and if they are going to be long enough?

mosesfamily4

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma

IMG_0076.png

IMG_6113.jpeg

IMG_6114.jpeg
Did the lug nuts work? I’ve got the same issue.

JLO1971

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD OR, Husky TE150
No. Ez accessories on Amazon sent the wrong lug nuts three times in a row. Or i should say the dimensions didn’t match their description. I’m gonna go to a Toyota dealer next time I’m in the city and see if I can find the lug nuts the op in this thread was able to find.
Sponsored