Sponsored

Vibration on TRD OR

FrstTco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Has anyone with an off-road noticed a vibration that gets worse as speed increases? I just want to see if this is normal from others with the same model.

I’m glad this prompted me to check the tire pressure at least as all tires had 50-52 psi so clearly the dealer didn’t check the truck out properly when it was delivered.

I have since lowered the psi to 30 but the vibration that I noticed seems to be the same.
Sponsored

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Smooth here off road Premium. Even with new k03 285/70/17s

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Tires probably need balancing..Any Stealorship should be able to handle it?

Sponsored

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Has anyone with an off-road noticed a vibration that gets worse as speed increases? I just want to see if this is normal from others with the same model.

I’m glad this prompted me to check the tire pressure at least as all tires had 50-52 psi so clearly the dealer didn’t check the truck out properly when it was delivered.

I have since lowered the psi to 30 but the vibration that I noticed seems to be the same.
Likely a tire balance issue or a bad tire. Dealer should quickly resolve the matter!

OP
OP

FrstTco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Just an update. I took the truck in for service and they stated they could also feel the vibration. They checked the tires and said the front passenger tire was out of balance and after balancing it they no longer felt the vibration.

On the drive home it was vibrating the same or even worse then when it went in so I turned around and dropped it back off. I now have a loaner and hope to get it back tomorrow.

There was only one more mile on the odometer when I picked it up so they definitely didn’t take it on the highway or even got it up to the speeds I told them had the worst vibrations.

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Just an update. I took the truck in for service and they stated they could also feel the vibration. They checked the tires and said the front passenger tire was out of balance and after balancing it they no longer felt the vibration.

On the drive home it was vibrating the same or even worse then when it went in so I turned around and dropped it back off. I now have a loaner and hope to get it back tomorrow.

There was only one more mile on the odometer when I picked it up so they definitely didn’t take it on the highway or even got it up to the speeds I told them had the worst vibrations.
Any updates? My Sport has the shakes too.

Brody919

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OF DCLB
So I have a factory Toyota roof rack, don't know if you have one as well but I get bad vibrations sometimes if I'm in a headwind or around 75-80 I'll hear it and it gets worse with more speed. The only verification I have that its rack related is when I put my hand on the headliner I can feel it vibrating bad.

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
No Vibration 8 k miles with KO2s

Sponsored

OHTacoCamper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road
I've had no vibration issues on TRD OR and I just did a 3k mile road trip. I have 8.4K miles on the truck and I'm running all stock.

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

How's it going trying to solve your issue with the vibration? I have the same vibration with my Sport. I had the tires balanced 3 times, then replaced the tires for a new set and the truck is still vibrating above 50 mph.

OP
OP

FrstTco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-road
How's it going trying to solve your issue with the vibration? I have the same vibration with my Sport. I had the tires balanced 3 times, then replaced the tires for a new set and the truck is still vibrating above 50 mph.
I took it to two different dealers 4 times and they basically acted like I was crazy and that this was normal. The last dealer had me test drive the exact same model as mine that they had on the lot to prove to me it was normal to have vibrations like this.

When I test drove it the vibrations were a lot worse than mine to the point that I dont know why anyone would purchase the truck like that. Being that it was that bad I have a hard time not thinking they did something to that test truck to make it vibrate and get rid of me.

I'm currently at around 3400 miles and at a loss since my truck is still vibrating over 65 mph and the dealers dont seem to want to help.

wutheck

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took it to two different dealers 4 times and they basically acted like I was crazy and that this was normal. The last dealer had me test drive the exact same model as mine that they had on the lot to prove to me it was normal to have vibrations like this.

When I test drove it the vibrations were a lot worse than mine to the point that I dont know why anyone would purchase the truck like that. Being that it was that bad I have a hard time not thinking they did something to that test truck to make it vibrate and get rid of me.

I'm currently at around 3400 miles and at a loss since my truck is still vibrating over 65 mph and the dealers dont seem to want to help.
Oh no, that does not instill much confidence in me. Definitely not normal since these trucks were smooth as glass at purchase. Crap

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
How bad of a vibration are you guys talking about? I haven’t noticed any significant vibration on my sr5. Granted you slightly feel the engine and driveline feedback but nothing crazy
Sponsored