iForce Max Limited Availability?

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I put a deposit on a hybrid in August. Build date was 5/14 and they haven’t started building it yet. Doesn’t surprise me there’s no inventory, to be honest.
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Five minutes after my last post I got a call from my salesperson and they have an allocation for my truck. The build week is the last week of July / first week of August.

It is random chance that my TRD Pro come to a small town Toyota dealership in the Shenandoah valley , where I just happened to have a deposit for exactly the truck which was allocated. It could have taken months and it turned out to be just five minutes!

A shout out to McDonough Toyota in Staunton, Virginia. Nice honest folks who treat their customers right, know their trucks and never, ever sell about MSRP.

Obviously I am beyond happy and still working on believing it.

Sponsored

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
At least I’m starting to feel better about my inability to get an extra cab SR5. It sounds like if you want something specific, you better not be in a hurry. since they’re hovering around $50,000, I’m not willing to compromise and buy something that is not exactly what I want. 😵💫

OP
OP

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
At least I’m starting to feel better about my inability to get an extra cab SR5. It sounds like if you want something specific, you better not be in a hurry. since they’re hovering around $50,000, I’m not willing to compromise and buy something that is not exactly what I want. 😵💫
That's what I'm hearing here too. Thanks for (mostly) everyone offering thoughts and experiences. I need to cool my jets and be patient for the hybrid Limited that I want to spend almost $60k on.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Thanks. Soon!

Saw my first cyber truck today. Looked bigger in person than I expected. Still ugly as sin.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
My wife shopped for both a Toyota and a Lexus hybrid a few months ago. A Lexus dealer we visited had only one NX PHEV and there were only two allocated to them at that time. It is a large Lexus dealership in Richmond, VA and although they had a good number of cars they had almost no hybrids.

Hybrids have only recently become hot and in huge demand. I think Toyota was not prepared for that and dropped the ball. I believe that batteries are the constraint for regular hybrids and PHEVs.

Hopefully they are working on that!
Thing is...this hybrid doesn't really improve fuel economy. I think it's just a gimmick to show bigger HP and torque numbers without any real benefit.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I don't agree about no real benefit. The hybrid has significantly more power than the base engine and gets better fuel economy.

The 4th gen Tacoma iForce Max has more torque than my 5.7 L Tundra engine and gets twice the MPG. That seems like a pretty significant benefit to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
Thing is...this hybrid doesn't really improve fuel economy. I think it's just a gimmick to show bigger HP and torque numbers without any real benefit.
Hmmm. More torque and HP is a gimmick?

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
On the allocations: I was struggling to find my desired combo of exterior/interior color in a Limited Hybrid. None of my local dealers (within 50mi) were interested in more than "put a deposit down and we can let you know when we get one assigned". Ended up using the Toyota Inventory search and changing the home zip code and always searching a 500mi radius (it's max). If you do scans for DC/Baltimore, NY, Boston, Wilmington NC, Atlanta, Orlando, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, Sacramento, Denver, Seattle at 500mi radius each, you basically sweep the entire country. I found a dealership that had my desired allocation, was willing to sell at MSRP, was willing to change the build accessories to my desires, and was willing to ship it to me (me paying the transport costs of course). While it hasn't yet delivered, the dealership has been awesome so far, and the only gripes are that the factory force-removed two features claiming unavailability (bed scene lighting, wireless trailer package). Sure, i could fly to the dealership and drive the truck home, but that would take at least 2 day and nearly 1000 mi of driving, and would cost more than the transport is.
.. be patient and stay true to what you want... don't feel committed to the nearest dealership if it's not getting you what you want/need.

My secondary reasons for going with the Hybrid is the experience and knowledge of electric motors, how they deliver much better torque curves, the higher powered inverter, and super small (the latching fuel door).

My primary reasons for going with the Hybrid is the expectation of more linear MPG and full time 4WD. City/Highway/Towing will vary significantly under a pure ICE engine. Given that the majority of my driving is very mixed mode, and that I regularly tow a smaller trailer, I was willing to loose the under seat storage and pay the ~$3500 to create significantly less variance to my MPG. I'm used to how 4WD/AWD handles in all conditions and how evenly it keeps wear and tear on the tires. My uses for being 2v4Hv4L are insufficient for that selection to matter for me.

In my '04 Highlander v6 AWD, I was 18 city, 24 highway, and bang-on 20.5 mpg mixed. When towing, this would drop to 17.5-18.5 mpg. Once they forced the 10% ethanol mix, my mpg dropped to a regular 17.8-18.4mpg mixed and about 13mpg when towing.

Only time will tell whether that expectation of keeping a really dialed in 22-24 mpg holds true or fails to deliver.

Last edited:

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Honestly I think the best thing about the hybrid limited is the 2400w inverter and AWD. People quickly forget that the limited hybrid is the only truck in the lineup with AWD. You get the inverter with any hybrid, for us that lug around generators, it's a really nice feature to have.

The underseat storage loss is definitely a bummer but not a huge deal IMHO. It's not like there's much space in there already.

Only reason I ended up just jumping the gun on a non-hybrid limited was due to the deal I got. The dealership gave me about $3800 off on a stripper Limited spec (only accessories were AVS and wheel locks), plus a ridiculous amount on my trade, which they're still sitting on and now have advertised below the amount they gave me for it. If I waited for a hybrid, doubt I could have replicated that deal. Otherwise all things being equal I would have def waited for a hybrid.
Sponsored