Sponsored

Bedliner lifted on front of bed behind cab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Hello, I recently took my 24trdoffroad to Folsom lake Toyota {{did not get it from there}} because the Bedliner is lifted at the end of the front of the bed behind the cab…the conclusion was that they told me “it’s no issues and that’s how production of these new trucks are” they compared it with the trucks they had in stock and even showed me photos of the their own trucks with much more lifted edges and they said it’s normal.

I was/am not satisfied and it still bugs me seeing this lift since I know it will most likely get worse as time passes…
I am wondering do your new 24’
Tacoz have this as well?

** besides this issue, did anyone else noticed horrible hole/attempts and bad screws when replacing the license plate? — recently put my plates and noticed a few holes and 2 different sized screws holding up the paper plates -_-**

It’s my first Toyota and I wasn’t there to see the truck when it was first purchased/picked up but it’s sad to say that I have to inspect everything next time so I won’t have a hard time about this…sheesh it’s the little things..

image.jpg

Sponsored

xraided

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 6MT TRD Sport/06 BSP Xrunner (RIP)
its bound to happen bro, but it shouldnt have been that quick for it to start happening

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
its bound to happen bro, but it shouldnt have been that quick for it to start happening
yeah, i noticed it a week after getting in it and its one of those little things that just bugs l o l,, i saw a review video on this same model and that truck had the same issues smh,,,

they told me they would fix it if it got worse but why wait...

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
i mean i guess you can do that but it would be nice if toyota could just do it right first,, tbh idk how they let so many pass with that lifted 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored

TIMFERRELL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hello, I recently took my 24trdoffroad to Folsom lake Toyota {{did not get it from there}} because the Bedliner is lifted at the end of the front of the bed behind the cab…the conclusion was that they told me “it’s no issues and that’s how production of these new trucks are” they compared it with the trucks they had in stock and even showed me photos of the their own trucks with much more lifted edges and they said it’s normal.

I was/am not satisfied and it still bugs me seeing this lift since I know it will most likely get worse as time passes…
I am wondering do your new 24’
Tacoz have this as well?

** besides this issue, did anyone else noticed horrible hole/attempts and bad screws when replacing the license plate? — recently put my plates and noticed a few holes and 2 different sized screws holding up the paper plates -_-**

It’s my first Toyota and I wasn’t there to see the truck when it was first purchased/picked up but it’s sad to say that I have to inspect everything next time so I won’t have a hard time about this…sheesh it’s the little things..

image.jpg

TIMFERRELL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I was amused as I removed temporary plate and dealer's frame saying "Quality Service". I found the plate mounted off center, one self taping screw randomly through plastic and other mid-air. Fat chance they can provide "quality service". Dealer install error.

Forest Moon

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OR Supersonic Red MT
My rail caps have the same issue. I also noticed that they don't seem to have a 90 angle on the inside edge. They sort of flair out a little toward the middle of the bed. Don't know if that's normal. I'm not too concerned as I plan on getting a crossover tool box that will solve this little problem.

This is by far the biggest flaw I've noticed so far, maybe I'm lucky but I don't have any weird panel gaps or rattling glove box or whatever else.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
oh dang, you didn't notice it when you first got it? and have you attempted to let them know to fix it?

ill check the angles on mine tomorrow but yeah luckily besides what i've mentioned, theres nothing else wrong...

what color is yours?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I was amused as I removed temporary plate and dealer's frame saying "Quality Service". I found the plate mounted off center, one self taping screw randomly through plastic and other mid-air. Fat chance they can provide "quality service". Dealer install error.
wait yours just had that wrong? did you contact them about it?

Sponsored

xraided

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 6MT TRD Sport/06 BSP Xrunner (RIP)

fast forward to 6:00

Viper_00

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road hybrid
Mine is/was that way as well. I lifted it up and slid a piece of 3M VHB double sided tape underneath. Problem solved.
did you use the 3m tape on those double sided blue square 🟦 factory pucks or remove them all together?

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
did you use the 3m tape on those double sided blue square 🟦 factory pucks or remove them all together?
I stuck it to the foam square block with VHB tape and layed a 25 pound bag of lead shot on it overnight to make sure it bonded.

parkedtacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I stuck it to the foam square block with VHB tape and layed a 25 pound bag of lead shot on it overnight to make sure it bonded.
I have the same thing going on with my 2024 Taco also. Very annoying. Can you send a pic of how you used the tape for your bed cap? Does it bond well even though the edges of the cap is so thin?
Sponsored