Method Racing Wheel Center Bore

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I ordered a set of MR703’s directly from Method for the new OR. The wheels arrived with a nylon core bore spacer that was too small for the axle diameter. Wheel fits studs but bore diameter is .250 larger than axle diameter.
Spoke with a Method representative who said it shouldn’t be a problem with the conical stud bore.
Doesn’t seem optimal for overall strength.
Thoughts appreciated!
Sponsored

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Personally I would run the correct hub centric rings (if wheel bore > hub bore), regardless if the wheels are supposedly "lug centric".

I'm fairly certain most Methods have 106 bores. So you'll need 106 to 95.1 rings for a 4G. There are plenty available on Amazon - the plastic ones are fine as well. They are not designed to hold weight, they are there to strictly center the wheel during the tightening process. This ensures the wheel is centered perfectly, the lugs and studs, properly tightened, will do the rest of the work.

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
not necessary but I ordered some hub rings off amazon for my 316s. I also got extended lug nuts

Reactions: JED
OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Thanks for the informative responses. I’ll go back to Method for the appropriate rings or purchase them if necessary. Nylon rings would solve the problem of the aluminum wheel welding to the steel hub.👍

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
not necessary but I ordered some $15 hub rings off amazon for my 316s. I also got extended lug nuts
Was going to mention, the 4G studs are pretty short. Unfortunately, my aftermarket wheels couldn't take the ET lugs, so I had to go the extended stud route. But yes, run ET lugs if you can.

Sure - they are not necessary - but to me, they are an insurance policy. If you properly torque the lugs in the correct pattern, to the correct spec, then they should center fine. However, that's not always the case. Bring your car in for service? Who knows, the tech might just hit your lugs with the ugga dugga, and who knows if they did it in the correct pattern.

For $10-15 bucks, it's an easy decision.

Sponsored

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
Yea the studs are super short. I was only able to get a couple turns with standard nuts so definitely get the extended ones

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Yea the studs are super short. I was only able to get a couple turns with standard nuts so definitely get the extended ones
The lug centric nuts that were ordered with the wheels have an 11 thread (11 rotations) contact.

2024 Tacoma Method Racing Wheel Center Bore IMG_6787

2024 Tacoma Method Racing Wheel Center Bore IMG_6789