Sponsored

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Loved the look of the trailhunter’s front end, I think the contrast with the underground color goes well together.

After doing some research I found that the part number for the lower valance is:
#53911-AK010 for black
#53911-AK020 for silver

Toyota will sell you that part for around $300 and no way am I paying that much for a plastic panel.

So instead I picked up some aluminum colored plastidip for $15 and got to pulling out the front end. Bumper removal was fairly easy, followed nytop's hybrid bumper instructions. The plastidip matches the powdercoat of the trd skid plate almost exactly, even has a metallic finish.

2024 Tacoma Black lower valance swapped with Trailhunter silver valence 6A317BB4-269D-42B0-A033-B5D45FF4D06A
2024 Tacoma Black lower valance swapped with Trailhunter silver valence IMG_0573
2024 Tacoma Black lower valance swapped with Trailhunter silver valence IMG_0570

I know a lot of people prefer to black out the emblem and OEM off road wheels, but I actually like the machined rim and love how it looks with the silver valance and trd skid plate together.

Waiting for a few more mods before I post a full build thread.

edit: if anyone is getting a trailhunter in socal and wants to trade valances let me know :handshake:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
taco4moro

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I like it. What bed rack and RTT are you running?
Yakima Outpost HD with a short side bar and short molle panel and Rough Country Hardshell tent.

The yakima rack does fit right out of the box, but it only fits about 80% flush on this new gen. the other 20% I've had to drill my own holes and diy with additional hardware to make everything fit perfect since the 5' bed only has about 4' of usable rail to mount the rack to.

That review will have to be a separate thread haha.

OP
OP
taco4moro

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I like the look, unsure on the longevity. But, definately like it.

Richard
Yeah won't be very durable. I'll see how much it holds up after a trail session, but at least it will be easy to respray.

I'll keep this look temporarily until I decide to upgrade to an aftermarket bumper.

Sponsored

Bjl0719

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Loved the look of the trailhunter’s front end, I think the contrast with the underground color goes well together.

After doing some research I found that the part number for the lower valance is:
#53911-AK010 for black
#53911-AK020 for silver

Toyota will sell you that part for around $300 and no way am I paying that much for a plastic panel.

So instead I picked up some aluminum colored plastidip for $15 and got to pulling out the front end. Bumper removal was fairly easy, followed nytop's hybrid bumper instructions. The plastidip matches the powdercoat of the trd skid plate almost exactly, even has a metallic finish.

6A317BB4-269D-42B0-A033-B5D45FF4D06A.jpeg
IMG_0573.jpeg
IMG_0570.jpeg

I know a lot of people prefer to black out the emblem and OEM off road wheels, but I actually like the machined rim and love how it looks with the silver valance and trd skid plate together.

Waiting for a few more mods before I post a full build thread.

edit: if anyone is getting a trailhunter in socal and wants to trade valances let me know :handshake:
What color plasti dip did you use? Did you use any of those metalizer ones or just a normal like silver color? I have a Silver TRD sport with the skid plate and I think it would look insane to match it but I also don’t want to pay $350 for a piece of plastic and yours turned out really good.

trey_is_a_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Nice mod, I also like the accents the silver provides vs. just all dark on with the underground color and blacked out emblem. Plastidipping is a cool stress free option to just remove it if it doesn't turn out or wear well.

Any plan to do the tacoma side emblem and put silver letters on the gate?

OP
OP
taco4moro

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
What color plasti dip did you use? Did you use any of those metalizer ones or just a normal like silver color? I have a Silver TRD sport with the skid plate and I think it would look insane to match it but I also don’t want to pay $350 for a piece of plastic and yours turned out really good.
didnt need a metalizer, just used plastidip primer and this aluminum aerosol from dipyourcar, matched the trd skid perfectly.

1 light coat of primer and I was able to do about 4/5 coats of plastidip with 1 can and more left over

it lasted pretty well for the week that i had it on before upgrading bumpers, even if it did chip a little from road debris, it would be easy to retouch by giving it a light sand and respraying

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
What bumper did you go with?

Sponsored

Bjl0719

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
upgraded in a very similar fashion - NYTOP Aluminum Hybrid Bumper

now I have the plastic painted bumper sitting in my garage if any socal local wants it :LOL:
I also thought about going with that one, and the red recovery hooks, to match the TRD skid plate, and I just looked on Nytops site that’s your truck they have show casing the front valance isn’t it lol! That’s clean man

OP
OP
taco4moro

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I also thought about going with that one, and the red recovery hooks, to match the TRD skid plate, and I just looked on Nytops site that’s your truck they have show casing the front valance isn’t it lol! That’s clean man
haha yeah they're a perfect match, luckily nytop is local to me and a "deal" was made for me to test the bumper ;)

unrelated but got cbi lower control arm skids in "trd grey" coming in to complete the look 🤩
Sponsored