Sponsored

Deposit Question 2024 TRD PRO -- how long for dealer to allocate your truck after placing deposit?

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
Newly registered user but long time lurker. Have a deposit for a 2024 Tacoma TRD PRO in Ice Cap White with Red Cock Pit seats. Deposit was placed early May 2024 at Visalia Toyota in California. Realize this is a smaller dealership, but they do get a variety of Tacoma trucks because they sell well in this area. I understand the 2024 TRD PRO’s are in high demand and barely being trickled to the public as we speak. Congrats to the few people who have gotten one too.

For anyone with background or experience, my question is about how long did it take until the Toyota dealer was able to allocate your truck after a deposit? I’ve spoken to the sales manager and was told 3-8 months on the date of my deposit, but I’m also curious to find out what everyone else has been told in regard to allocation, build, and delivery time. Thank you. Sorry if there is a thread similar to this one already.
Sponsored

Guine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I would start by finding out what spot you are in line. Then understand that most high volume dealers only get a few per year. At least that’s how it was for the previous gen and how it is for all other models. Also, if they don’t require you to settle on a color and you care more about having the truck than a specific color, I recommend telling them any color will work for you since this can better your chances of getting one. I placed my deposit over a year ago and was able to skip many people in line because I didn’t have a color preference.

OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would start by finding out what spot you are in line. Then understand that most high volume dealers only get a few per year. At least that’s how it was for the previous gen and how it is for all other models. Also, if they don’t require you to settle on a color and you care more about having the truck than a specific color, I recommend telling them any color will work for you since this can better your chances of getting one. I placed my deposit over a year ago and was able to skip many people in line because I didn’t have a color preference.
Appreciate the response. Im set on the color and seats at this point. I know I’m very early on the list but not exactly sure if I’m first or second. That’s a good idea. Will ask tomorrow and explore options if necessary. Dealer said I could pick the color and seat options, but that’s when the sales manager stated since I wanted a specific truck the allocation could take 3-8 months.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
You having placed a deposit has no connection to them getting an allocation. The 3-8 month estimate is probably based solely on how often they get an allocation.

What timeline are you hoping for? Are you comfortable waiting a year or more to buy from this dealer? Or would you rather have it sooner, even if it meant buying from a different dealer?

OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You having placed a deposit has no connection to them getting an allocation. The 3-8 month estimate is probably based solely on how often they get an allocation.

What timeline are you hoping for? Are you comfortable waiting a year or more to buy from this dealer? Or would you rather have it sooner, even if it meant buying from a different dealer?
In terms of a timeline, I’m comfortable waiting between 3-5 months for a 2024 TRD PRO. I don’t exactly want to wait until 2025 to get a 2024 model. I’m also open to buying from another dealer if that means driving or calling around for information. Do you suggest I contact other dealers in the area to find any leads?

Sponsored

OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had this exact conversation with friends about my 2024 TRD PRO deposit possibly becoming a 2025 TRD PRO deposit haha. Sounds like you’re actually experiencing this, but worse. Bummer that’s disappointing

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
In terms of a timeline, I’m comfortable waiting between 3-5 months for a 2024 TRD PRO. I don’t exactly want to wait until 2025 to get a 2024 model. I’m also open to buying from another dealer if that means driving or calling around for information. Do you suggest I contact other dealers in the area to find any leads?
Yes. If you want one in 3 months or so you need to find a dealer with an allocation. It looks like you live in SoCal, so there are lots of dealers, which should help. I would use toyota.com’s search inventory page and put in what you are looking for and check it once a day. The moment something pops up contact them.

I talked to about 15 dealers before I found one with an allocation that wasn’t already claimed.

Edit: I think in 6 months or a year these won’t be such a pain to buy. I hope so at least!

OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. If you want one in 3 months or so you need to find a dealer with an allocation. It looks like you live in SoCal, so there are lots of dealers, which should help. I would use toyota.com’s search inventory page and put in what you are looking for and check it once a day. The moment something pops up contact them.

I talked to about 15 dealers before I found one with an allocation that wasn’t already claimed.

Edit: I think in 6 months or a year these won’t be such a pain to buy. I hope so at least!
I do live in So Cal, which helps and gives me options. Have been checking the Toyota inventory page religiously daily to see if any specific TRD PRO’s have come in unclaimed, but the 7 I’ve seen within 500 miles of me have all been claimed. Have also been checking local dealer website stock, production, and in transit models to see if anyone has a 2024 TRD PRO Ice Cap with Red Cock Pit seats. I’ve been unlucky thus far. Still being patient just curious what everyone else has experienced and if they had any advice. Appreciate your replies. Thank you for the information.

Last edited:
OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you’re in a tough spot considering how long you’ve been waiting too. Are you thinking about taking an allocation that’s close to what you requested from a dealer not too far from you? I’m tempted to call around tomorrow and try to find one of these if even possible.

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
Newly registered user but long time lurker. Have a deposit for a 2024 Tacoma TRD PRO in Ice Cap White with Red Cock Pit seats. Deposit was placed early May 2024 at Visalia Toyota in California. Realize this is a smaller dealership, but they do get a variety of Tacoma trucks because they sell well in this area. I understand the 2024 TRD PRO’s are in high demand and barely being trickled to the public as we speak. Congrats to the few people who have gotten one too.

For anyone with background or experience, my question is about how long did it take until the Toyota dealer was able to allocate your truck after a deposit? I’ve spoken to the sales manager and was told 3-8 months on the date of my deposit, but I’m also curious to find out what everyone else has been told in regard to allocation, build, and delivery time. Thank you. Sorry if there is a thread similar to this one already.
In May, when the Pros were being posted on Toyota's website, I just started contacting dealerships. There was more than one where I could of reserved a Terra or Black, but I wanted white. I found a dealer 130 miles away that had the Icecap with red interior. I called, got the OTD price, reserved it and I pick it tomorrow. I was never on any lists. Don't get me wrong, some dealer's have waitlists and other dealers don't. You just have to start calling around and you may get lucky like I did. Good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In May, when the Pros were being posted on Toyota's website, I just started contacting dealerships. There was more than one where I could of reserved a Terra or Black, but I wanted white. I found a dealer 130 miles away that had the Icecap with red interior. I called, got the OTD price, reserved it and I pick it tomorrow. I was never on any lists. Don't get me wrong, some dealer's have waitlists and other dealers don't. You just have to start calling around and you may get lucky like I did. Good luck!
Congrats on your sweet Taco TRD PRO. Appreciate your reply and those pictures of your new truck are awesome too. Called the dealership with my deposit and found out I’m #2 on the list. However, #1 wants underground with red rock pit seats, which does help my chances considering I’m after the ice cap white with red cock pit seats. Was also told they will get the truck I want in about 3-5 months because I was early on the deposit list. Time will tell how this all plays out.

AZTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma PreRunner
Toyota has never said the Pro or TH are limited production. They clearly stated that only 5,000 First Edition LCs would be sold. If they are not limited, then how many will they make? If they make 8-10,000 Pros and there are 1,277 Toyota dealers in the US, that's 6-8 per dealer. Since they started late this year, maybe half that number?
Sponsored