Sponsored

Swapping OEM cloth seat covers with Softex Seat covers?

BigBlahino

First Name
Anon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road
Hey everyone this is my first ever post here!

ever since purchasing my Tacoma I fell in love with the softex seats the premium options had come installed with, unfortunately due to my TRD Off-road being a limited it came with the cloth seats. I was wondering if it would be possible to find the part numbers for the softex seat covers and purchase those and remove the cloth seating and replace it with the softex ones instead. I’d assume it would be a pretty straight forward install seeing the seats have a zipper to them.

would anyone happen to have any info on this?
Sponsored

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
Katzkin looks awesome. They quoted me $1600 before tax though

scottiev

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Hey everyone this is my first ever post here!

ever since purchasing my Tacoma I fell in love with the softex seats the premium options had come installed with, unfortunately due to my TRD Off-road being a limited it came with the cloth seats. I was wondering if it would be possible to find the part numbers for the softex seat covers and purchase those and remove the cloth seating and replace it with the softex ones instead. I’d assume it would be a pretty straight forward install seeing the seats have a zipper to them.

would anyone happen to have any info on this?
How easily are the covers removed? To me it looks like they're only partially zipped in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigBlahino

BigBlahino

First Name
Anon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How easily are the covers removed? To me it looks like they're only partially zipped in.
They do look partially zipped in however when you unzip it fully it will loosen the seat cover enough to pull the entire thing off exposing the actual seat foam underneath making it simple to just slip on the softex instead. And as for the head rests underneath the headrest is where you’d be able to unravel and pull it off same with slipping on the softex.

I contacted Toyota to see if I could get some help and my next plan is to ask my dealerships parts department for help finding them as well!

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
They do look partially zipped in however when you unzip it fully it will loosen the seat cover enough to pull the entire thing off exposing the actual seat foam underneath making it simple to just slip on the softex instead. And as for the head rests underneath the headrest is where you’d be able to unravel and pull it off same with slipping on the softex.

I contacted Toyota to see if I could get some help and my next plan is to ask my dealerships parts department for help finding them as well!
Keep us updated. I am interested in this as well. I've had the cloth seats for a month now and I'm starting to regret maybe not splurging for the softex seats. I'm still happy with the decision and can live with the cloth seats but if there are easy and cost effective ways to change it I'd be interested. I dont like any of the aftermarket options right now but maybe in time there will be more options available

OP
OP
BigBlahino

BigBlahino

First Name
Anon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep us updated. I am interested in this as well. I've had the cloth seats for a month now and I'm starting to regret maybe not splurging for the softex seats. I'm still happy with the decision and can live with the cloth seats but if there are easy and cost effective ways to change it I'd be interested. I dont like any of the aftermarket options right now but maybe in time there will be more options available
I actually do have an update!

I ended up speaking with my dealerships parts and services department and when I asked if this was possible they said it definitely is. The bad news about this is the pricing however, while I wasn't able to get an exact quote for the full set they said that purchasing something like this could be looking in the $2000-$3000 area. They told me that if I'm able to find a tacoma VIN with the softex seats inside that I just need to take that vin to them and they can order the seats associated with that truck. I've found one on their lot with softex inside and I'll be going there tomorrow to see if I can get a full quote for them.

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Katzkin looks awesome. They quoted me $1600 before tax though
Did that include them installing it? Check out this recent video from a taco owner. I may go full katzkin leather down the road once the cloth seats are done.

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I actually do have an update!

I ended up speaking with my dealerships parts and services department and when I asked if this was possible they said it definitely is. The bad news about this is the pricing however, while I wasn't able to get an exact quote for the full set they said that purchasing something like this could be looking in the $2000-$3000 area. They told me that if I'm able to find a tacoma VIN with the softex seats inside that I just need to take that vin to them and they can order the seats associated with that truck. I've found one on their lot with softex inside and I'll be going there tomorrow to see if I can get a full quote for them.
With that pricing the katzkin might be a better option and it looks like you can have them do the install too. I just posted a video of someone doing katzkin to a 3rd gen

Sponsored

NoCa95862

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Bronze Oxide
I just saw 8 complete sets of black Katskin covers for sale at $895 each including delivery on TW forum. I think they're for front power seat models.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Last edited: