Sponsored

First i-Force Max Review - Questionable Power

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Not for the Hybrid. The only thing out right now for the hybrid is the press event drive. That is not a review.
What?

How exactly is the video you posted any different than the ones posted months ago?
Sponsored

JakeJoeBob

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
So here's the thing, I currently drive a V8 4runner that has a 0-60 time of about 7.5. Now I didn't whip the stopwatch on the testdrive but the 24 TRD OffRoad felt noticeably quicker, closer to 7 seconds flat. Car and Driver's review it even says they got a 7.0 0-60. I like their channel but I have no idea where they are getting 7.8 from. Which calls into question this 7.7 number. I don't mean to say they are being intentially missleading, but there is a discrepancy somewhere here. I do have reservations of the Hybrid, with the lower towing number and less storage. I'd make the trade off if it was faster and had more drivable torque. So I guess the Jury is still out on the Hybrid. But Toyota should just say screw it and offer the Detuned Turbo V6 out of the GX 550 Lol. That would be a Ranger Raptor Killer...

Last edited:

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Or maybe those with nonhybrids dont want to admit is is worth it?

I drove an iforce max and I am still buying one
And you should! If you like it that is all that matters.

Also, anything above 4 is slow? What?
Or maybe those with nonhybrids dont want to admit is is worth it?
If I thought it was worth it, I would trade my non Hybrid for a Hybrid...I'm good.

I drove an iforce max and I am still buying one

Also, anything above 4 is slow? What?
Yes. There are plenty of cars in the 3's and even 2's. It's probably a bad example but I was trying to say that the Tacoma while plenty "fast" enough for it's intended purpose is slow when compared to all vehicles and Hybrid or not makes little if any difference in that respect.

Last edited:

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Sorry I'm trying to understand what your saying but I'm gonna need some help.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Considering half of their list is made up, I’d suggest you do your own research.

this dude said payload is less? It’s higher
My bad, I meant to say towing capacity. It is 300 pounds less for the Hybrid models.

Sponsored

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Ah but the Hybrid vehicle weighs between 400 and 500 pounds more according to Toyota. The battery is a small part of it. There is much more to the system than the battery.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many

Note they say that this is a pre-production unit. However, they got an absolutely HORRIBLE 0-60 time on their test. Only 7.7 seconds compared to 7.8 on their standard motor. This just seems flat out wrong, but it kind of matches the statements coming out of people at the initial drive event. Hopefully something will change because right now it feels like the hybrid offers no significant advantage in MPG or power.

Given some of the recent issues had by both TFL and Truck King I'm wondering if Toyota didn't build enough strength into their drivetrain and are computer limiting the power that goes through it.
These 2 dummies post all kinds of worthless crap like this. They're seeking clicks to make money. They don't care about content quality. Best ignore them.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
If I thought it was worth it, I would trade my non Hybrid for a Hybrid...I'm good.
Just pointing out that in the vehicle world as a whole there are many vehicles that are in that sub 4 second category. While the Tacoma has plenty of power for it's intened use Tacoma's Hybrid or not are not fast. Even if later tests show them to be a full second faster than the video in this threads results it will never be fast.
your comment in no way matches what you originally said. You didn’t claim it as an opinion. You flaty said the evidence points to it being useless and obviously anyone who owns one is going to convince themselves. How is that any different than me saying the same about you? I am confused at the difference in you originally stating something as fact vs now claiming it’s an opinion.

Also, what does there being vehicles in the 4 second range have to do with anything? there are vehicles in the sub 3 range now. Does that mean the 4 seconds are now slow?

a raptor is slow? A mustang gt? It’s all comparative..

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I had to check that I hadn't clicked on Tacoma World.:LOL:

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
a battery that starts to degrade on day 1 (it may take 10 years to fail but it will get weaker with each passing year)
I agree with some of your points, but this part is incorrect. EV batteries don't degrade like this. Yes, in the first year you will typically lose about 5% of your capacity. However, after that first year the degradation virtually stops for the next 10 years. It may be longer than 10 years, but there's only about 10 years worth of mass usage data to draw upon.

Now then, a battery will eventually fail, but it's not like it's losing 5% of it's original capacity every year until it fails. I say all this as someone who has driven hundreds of thousands of miles in EVs and hybrids.

Disclaimer: The one exception to this is the Nissan Leaf, which, when used in hot climates, has shown a steady decline in capacity due to Nissan's poor thermal management.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I agree with some of your points, but this part is incorrect. EV batteries don't degrade like this. Yes, in the first year you will typically lose about 5% of your capacity. However, after that first year the degradation virtually stops for the next 10 years. It may be longer than 10 years, but there's only about 10 years worth of mass usage data to draw upon.

Now then, a battery will eventually fail, but it's not like it's losing 5% of it's original capacity every year until it fails. I say all this as someone who has driven hundreds of thousands of miles in EVs and hybrids.

Disclaimer: The one exception to this is the Nissan Leaf, which, when used in hot climates, has shown a steady decline in capacity due to Nissan's poor thermal management.
Interesting. I have Tesla's in the extended family and they complain that range has shortened over a period of a few years. I'll take your word for it.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
your comment in no way matches what you originally said. You didn’t claim it as an opinion. You flaty said the evidence points to it being useless and obviously anyone who owns one is going to convince themselves. How is that any different than me saying the same about you? I am confused at the difference in you originally stating something as fact vs now claiming it’s an opinion.

Also, what does there being vehicles in the 4 second range have to do with anything? there are vehicles in the sub 3 range now. Does that mean the 4 seconds are now slow?

Technically there 1 second 0-60s now.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited

I assume you mean Hybrid being useless so I will address that. I guess it depends on the person. It's usefull to you but not to me. If I thought it was (useful to M E) then I would trade my non Hybrid for a Hybrid. It's only my opinion. Don't let it upset you. I'm just some guy posting on an internet forum.

If you meant something else we can continue to discuss.

Bottom line I have no desire to own a Hybrid Tacoma. Others like yourself do. I guess that is why Toyota offers both. My reasons for not purchasing one should have no impact on your decision. If you think I'm full of shit feel free to say so or ignore me. It makes me zero difference either way.

Forget the "fast" part of my post. It was a bad example of what I was trying to say. My bad.
Sponsored