Sponsored

Cali Raised Trail Sliders

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
*Update to this post*

Cali Raised contacted me and offered to ship me out a new pair of sliders that fit properly, along with a $100 gift card to their store. This is great customer service, and I really appreciate them doing that. They also offered a partial refund of $250 dollars and a $100 store gift card, which is what I opted for.
I feel great about all of this now, and by writing this, I hope that anyone following along will see that this is a company that does in fact care about their customers and their products. I look forward to purchasing more parts from them for my truck, and I hope that you will also.

I ordered these Trail Edition sliders on April 11th, noting their 4-6 week lead time. I received them about 2 1/2 months later. I'm not here to harp on that, but I feel it's important to mention, just to put things into context. I wanted to be patient with them, because I wanted a good product for my truck.

When they arrived, I was very happy. A quick visual inspection showed clean welds, and a powder coat type that is reminiscent of grip tape that skateboards use.
IMG_2205.JPG

I set about installing these on Saturday, by myself, with a couple of jack stands to hold them in place. Needless to say this was difficult, these things don't balance very well, and simply trying to move the stands around to align them would cause the sliders to fall off. I ended up recruiting a friend to help me stab the sliders into place, and throw a couple of bolts in to hold them.

If only it were that simple, the holes in the sliders did not line up with the holes in the truck frame. They were close, but close is meaningless when you can't get bolts through. So I sat on my ass in my driveway, with a die grinder, opening holes up by hand and lifting the sliders into place to check and see if the bolts would go through. This took most of the day, and it was a pain in the ass.

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

I even had a come along thrown around my rear end, and attached to the slider in hopes of forcing the holes to line up, but it was futile. There were 6 or 7 holes that needed to be opened up, on both sides, but the drivers side slider was the worst. You know, I'm 55 and have worked on a lot of different vehicles, and I know shit like this can happen, but it's really a bummer on a $1200 dollar product that you waited months to receive.

So what do I think of the sliders now that they're on? They're burly, and are absolutely necessary for Crossbar Ranch, which is where I do much of my off roading, the place is a giant rock garden, where skids and sliders get absolutely used. These sliders can for sure hold the weight of the truck, and speaking of weight, you will notice it once they are mounted. They're heavy.

Here are a couple crappy cell phone pics of the sliders.
IMG_2230.JPG

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2234 (1).JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
Good job getting those on my friend. I must say though, Cali owes you an apology at least for the way those are manufactured. You shouldn't have to DIY the install of $1200.00 sliders IMHO. I'll take a hard pass on their products.

Nevertheless, they look really nice on your Solar Octane. Have a blast!

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
So what do I think of the sliders now that they're on? They're burly, and are absolutely necessary for Crossbar Ranch, which is where I do much of my off roading, the place is a giant rock garden, where skids and sliders get absolutely used. These sliders can for sure hold the weight of the truck, and speaking of weight, you will notice it once they are mounted. They're heavy.
Crossbar Ranch is great. Took my motorcycle out there. World class. I tried those Arbuckle Pies. Unimpressed. They were like a bland hot pocket.

RollingThunder

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Ugh I was getting ready to order these sliders especially with the 10% discount for 4th of July. I was planning on installing it myself too as I am no stranger to DIY projects but I agree, one should not have to alter a finished product you paid $1200 for. I would be pissed. I hope Cali Raised takes notice. I've seen them post on here and Tacomaworld

Sponsored

OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
especially with the 10% discount for 4th of July.
One thing positive about them that I could note, is that shortly after I ordered my sliders for $1200, they put them on sale for 10% off, and I messaged their customer service about it and they refunded me $119 dollars.
That was nice, because it's always a bummer to see a product you just bought, but hadn't yet received, go on sale.

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
This is a great post! I ordered mine back in mid-May and have no idea when they will arrive, but I was planning on installing them myself too. Sounds like I might need to grab a buddy to help. Thanks for sharing, and your truck looks awesome btw!

Clay is the Way

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I ordered my Cali Raised LED Rock Slider steps for my double cab long bed on April 14th. I contacted them at 6, 8, and 10 weeks out, just checking on the progress and to get an idea when they would ship.
Two weeks ago they called me back and said they have received 200 orders for the rock slider step and only 7 of them were for the double cab long bed and they had yet to do a fitment for my style truck. He also mentioned hole alignment problems with the short bed and they had to re-tool or something to that effect.
I was told my longed Sliders would ship next week and I would be the 1st to get them.
That was 2 weeks ago. I hope they get the fitment right, still patiently waiting for my sliders.

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
They had trouble getting a long bed Tacoma for fitment. I was somewhat local so I went over there two weeks ago and they confirmed fitment for the long beds. They installed mine without much fitment issue and its been solid so far.

I am in no way associated with them, just a guy who also ordered long bed sliders and they called me up to see if I could head on over to help them out. They did the install free but I paid full for the slides as usual. I'd say (based on my visit to their facility) that they are a good group of guys, everything is made in house and locally, and they have been making products for the 3rd gen Taco and 5th gen 4runners for some time so I don't doubt the quality they probably just need to make fine adjustments to the fitment for the new platform.

IMG_6718.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
This is a great post! I ordered mine back in mid-May and have no idea when they will arrive, but I was planning on installing them myself too. Sounds like I might need to grab a buddy to help. Thanks for sharing, and your truck looks awesome btw!
Thank you, I really appreciate it!

OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
I ordered my Cali Raised LED Rock Slider steps for my double cab long bed on April 14th. I contacted them at 6, 8, and 10 weeks out, just checking on the progress and to get an idea when they would ship.
Two weeks ago they called me back and said they have received 200 orders for the rock slider step and only 7 of them were for the double cab long bed and they had yet to do a fitment for my style truck. He also mentioned hole alignment problems with the short bed and they had to re-tool or something to that effect.
I was told my longed Sliders would ship next week and I would be the 1st to get them.
That was 2 weeks ago. I hope they get the fitment right, still patiently waiting for my sliders.
On May 8th they told me my sliders were at powder coat, and then another month went by, and I was told again they were at the powder coaters, and that they had to scrap my original sliders because the holes wouldn't line up. So basically, I still ended up getting sliders with bad holes.

OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
I'd say (based on my visit to their facility) that they are a good group of guys
I have no doubt they're good people, but possibly they should have delayed the launch of these sliders until they had the manufacturing down to a science. I dunno.

Clay is the Way

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
They look grea
On May 8th they told me my sliders were at powder coat, and then another month went by, and I was told again they were at the powder coaters, and that they had to scrap my original sliders because the holes wouldn't line up. So basically, I still ended up getting sliders with bad holes.
From everything I had researched on the market for Steps/Rock Sliders, what was being delivered to the dealership was lame and for me non functional as a step and to low for trail clearance.
The ones made from aluminum tubing with end caps did not have the strength I desired and I have friends with 3rd gen Tacoma's and they get beat up easily.
Westcott rock Sliders are truly legit and look great. A thousand dollar increase in price for simular Sliders from Cali Raised with less attention to detail. I email and called Westcott Designs about when their double cab longed Sliders would be available an the response in email was 3 to 4 months maybe. Over the phone, the person I talked too, hinted 2nd half of the year at best.
Now IMHO, if I was a YouTuber and was going to advertise their product or the process I might not have been brushed off online and over the phone.
So I pulled the trigger on theCali Raised step Rock Sliders in April and the advertised 4 to 6 weeks lead time was a bonus.
I contacted YotaGarage this morning and asked the lead time on the same Cali Raised Sliders I bought from the company directly and they said 8 to 12 weeks.
I'm here in Riverside CA and within a 4 mile radius from my house there is the Icon headquarters, an Off road warehouse and a 4 Wheel parts Off Road and nobody had anything in stock or any idea when they would have Sliders for the 24 Tacoma.
So here I am still waiting.

OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
I'm here in Riverside CA and within a 4 mile radius from my house there is the Icon headquarters, an Off road warehouse and a 4 Wheel parts Off Road and nobody had anything in stock or any idea when they would have Sliders for the 24 Tacoma.
So here I am still waiting.
People will point out that it's a brand new, completely redesigned truck, and that you shouldn't expect parts manufacturers to have products in stock right away, but that doesn't makes things any easier. I knew from the beginning that I would need functional sliders in order to drive my truck at my favorite park, and out of irony it seems, rock sliders are about the hardest things to get.
Sponsored