Good news on replacement front windshield

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Anybody heard of a PPF for a windshield to prevent cracks? I ask because a reel popped up on my IG where someone complained of constant chips and cracks on their windshield so they put on a protection film much like PPF but for windshields? Seems genius and wondering if anyone has done that and if not, why not? I, too, am worried about dings on the windshield and often avoid following big rigs for that reason.

That would be neat but I can't see PPF on a windshield being all that great. PPF scratches fairly easy and with debris from windshield wipers and what not the glare from the sun will make it look like a rave eventually lol
Sponsored

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
I had a crack for almost 4 weeks. There are no after market windshields available yet as too new. Safelite ordered directly from Toyota. Got OEM windshield last Friday and installed Monday. I dont understand why you had to for 2 days for install as I have the video rearview mirror etc and my truck was done in 3 hours with calibration
Hello fellow gasman! Worked in the CVICU at Ruby before going to CRNA school!

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Cool. Where are you now? I live in Parkersburg and work hour north in Cambridge OH. CRNA only practice.

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Good deal. Lots of good opportunities for Locum for sure.

Sponsored

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Sorry to revive this thread, but I have a 2024 and a rock cracked the windshield. It took 3 weeks to get the windshield, now they are saying there are other things that might be needed to swap it. In confused…any insight?

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I'm sick of Toyota's crappy quality windshields. I never had an issue with cracks and chips until I switched the Toyota. My Tacoma has a split down the middle to and I can't be bothered to replace it because it's only going to happen straight away again
Haven’t had a chip or crack in any windshield of mine for a decade or more. Got two in the 24 Tacoma before I’d even had it two months. I was wondering if it was just poor luck or if it was actually cheap/defective glass.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Haven’t had a chip or crack in any windshield of mine for a decade or more. Got two in the 24 Tacoma before I’d even had it two months. I was wondering if it was just poor luck or if it was actually cheap/defective glass.
It's probably thinner glass. I have owned several Toyota vehicles, both now and in the past. I've never had to replace a windshield, even though I live in a state where dirt is used on many roads during the winter. I do have some chips and sandblasting marks.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
The detailer who is going to install PPF on my Taco also offers a windshield protection product. I can't find any info about it on their website, but I will keep looking and I will post when I do. After reading about all the cracked Tacoma windshields I am probably getting that too.

When I spoke to the owner he mentioned a protective cover for the windshield and I don't believe it was just ordinary PPF. There is a product call Exoshield which may be what they use.

Here is a link to info about Exoshield: https://www.getexoshield.com/windshield-protection-comparison

EDIT: I found it - this shop uses STEK DYNOflex for windshield protection, so there are several products available that will help protect your windshield from cracks and chips.

Last edited:

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
My question is….they got the windshield in, they have to see if they need anything else for the install. The guy mentioned some sort of seal on the bottom of the windshield (which is on back order) that may be needed. You’d think if you order a replacement, it would come with all necessary parts to swap it. I have an appointment for Monday morning to have it replaced….unless there is other parts needed. Every other time I’ve had a windshield replaced, it was 2-3 days from cracked to replaced! It took 3 weeks to get the windshield! Now…there may be other things need to swap it! I love Toyota, but their supply chain is horrible!

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
mINE W
My question is….they got the windshield in, they have to see if they need anything else for the install. The guy mentioned some sort of seal on the bottom of the windshield (which is on back order) that may be needed. You’d think if you order a replacement, it would come with all necessary parts to swap it. I have an appointment for Monday morning to have it replaced….unless there is other parts needed. Every other time I’ve had a windshield replaced, it was 2-3 days from cracked to replaced! It took 3 weeks to get the windshield! Now…there may be other things need to swap it! I love Toyota, but their supply chain is horrible!
Mine was replaced with only the windshield. I did have to take it to the dealership at a later date cause the glass replacement company was unable to recalibrate it due to it being so new. All in all, only took a day total.

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Well this sucks….the windshield that came in and it had an area about 1-2 inches on the bottom driver’s side corner that looks like it was sanded with 60 grit sandpaper. They had to order another one….