My only concern and one wish.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Now that I have become “one” with my truck at 1200 miles. I have one concern and one wish. My concern is the left thigh portion of the drivers seat Becoming totally destroyed in the coming years. I know it happens on all vehicles from sliding your ass in and out but I have been trying to use the step side to get in/out up and over to preserve that portion of drivers seat. Not a big deal it happens to most seats. Now for my wish. I wish that the rear seat floor was flat for my dog. If I flip up the back seat and and that floor didn’t have the hybrid batteries space/ storage in SR model my 140lb dog could go back there perfectly. I understand the battery placement and turning it to storage worked but I wish it was flat under the rear seat. So that’s not much to bitch about and I love this truck really love the 6speed MT. Monday I have an appointment at the dealership because at 400 miles I felt a few drips of water on my foot by gas pedal. I looked up under there for crack and could find nothing and tried to make it drip again and a t 1200 miles have not had any drips. I will know monday if Its a repair/replacement a freak condensation anomaly or a mysterious gremlin. If it is cracked and my dash has to be ripped out parts backorder and it leads into a lemon law I will get another of the same exact truck. I like this truck that much. Hopefully it’s good to go.
Sponsored

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
100% agree with both your concern and desire. The very first time I got out I thought, “dang I need seat covers and even with them it’s only a matter of time before that left side of drivers seat gets beat to hell.” And the wife being shorter make me even more concerned for the passenger side!
Also wish back seats were configured differently for my pups:) but it is what it is.
it’s a truck. I’ll do my best to keep it nice for as long as possible but at the end of the day it’s a tool.
Regarding the drip do you know where your truck was finished? So far all the ones I’ve read about have been finished in Guanajuato. Mine was finished in Baja. So far I’m good there. But I’ve had a piece of door trim come off when my wife shut the passenger door on a slope. It snapped back in easy enough. Few other things I’ve mentioned on other threads. But overall very happy with it.
It’s really fun to drive but when I drive how I want to my MPGs suffer:)

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
The seats are pretty heavily bolstered for sure. I think they will wear pretty well though. After many years of butt wear there is always the option of purchasing a lower seat cushion and cover. I haven’t priced the items but I would bet they are no worse than a set of tires.

Not a trivial amount for sure but it should be many years down the road. Many of us spend thousands on mods and maintenance over the lifetime of the truck.

My plan is to be as easy on them getting in and out as I can and if they get too worn I will replace them.

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Also wish back seats were configured differently for my pups:) but it is what it is.
it’s a truck. I’ll do my best to keep it nice for as long as possible but at the end of the day it’s a tool.
That is something I have learned over the years. With my sports cars any imperfection is a big deal and must be fixed. But my trucks are tools, even though nice ones. I use them carefully but when stuff happens it does not bother me like it does on my cars.

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Get Cordura nylon seat covers. My covers on my current truck are 8 1/2 years old and seats underneath look like brand new. The covers are just starting to show wear at the edges, and that's only from machine washing them. They were supposed to be hand wash only but as I've gotten closer to selling the truck I've cared less about prolonging the life of the seat covers.
Sponsored