Multi Information Display help

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
As of the last few days my multi information display is all over the place. Every time I turn on and off my truck the display options change. I had screens 1-3 set up how I want and for most of the last month it was fine. Now as I said they change every time I restart my truck and it’s driving me crazy.

Any help would be appreciated as I’m tired of having to reset them to my preferences every time I start driving.

Thanks!
Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I would imagine that you have TPMS set up somewhere?

This is a known Toyota issue. No fix that I'm aware of.

Basically just have to live with it.

OP
OP

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I appreciate your response. Seems like it would be an easy software fix for Toyota. I’ll call corporate and complain though I doubt it will change anything.
So are you saying if I take off the TPMS option it may fix it from continuing to change? I can live without it if it means I don’t have to reset all three screens every time I turn the truck on.
thanks again.

Last edited:

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I appreciate your response. Seems like it would be an easy software fix for Toyota. I’ll call corporate and complain though I doubt it will change anything.
So are you saying if I take of the TPMS option it may fix it from continuing to change? I can live without it if it means I don’t have to reset all three screens every time I turn the truck on.
thanks again.
The TPMS sensor seems to be the most common data point that continually disappears. So I would say yea, if you take that out you should be good. There may be others that really don't get any attention though.

Mine only seems to do it with TPMS - and that seems to be the theme.

OP
OP

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
The TPMS sensor seems to be the most common data point that continually disappears. So I would say yea, if you take that out you should be good. There may be others that really don't get any attention though.

Mine only seems to do it with TPMS - and that seems to be the theme.
Thanks again maxx075

Sponsored

john877

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Interesting, I noticed that my TPMS display on the 3rd window mysteriously changed to Trip B data. I thought I probably fat fingered something messing with the display a few days back.

OP
OP

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Interesting, I noticed that my TPMS display on the 3rd window mysteriously changed to Trip B data. I thought I probably fat fingered something messing with the display a few days back.
Thats one of the things that keeps happening to me. Super annoying.

uknat

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Offroad
Also having this issue. I wrote to Toyota customer care about it but no response.

One tip I saw was to set your preferred info (e.g. TPMS) while in accessory mode with the engine off rather than with engine running. That seems to work for some people. For me it did not, though it did do something: instead of the display reverting from TPMS (my setting) to current audio playing, it now reverts to Trip A. odd
Sponsored