OP
OP
Harley996

Harley996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma 3.5 v6
The body lines and looks of the truck are definitely accentuated with the black or any of the other colors for that matter. Darker cars are generally harder to keep clean. Darker cars also tend to get hotter in the interior than lighter cars. When I got mine had the choice between White and Celestial Silver, chose Silver lines just looked more crisp with the color. Also still light enough in color to keep interior cooler. Strictly based on wow factor black, for looks and comfort Celestial Silver, White if you don't want to spend all your time detailing.
Thank you for your answer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harley996

Harley996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark colors only if you garage it or carport it. -From a black truck owner. The sun is not kind to the absence of color. Underground slightly better albedo but similar issues with heat affecting your paint. Not to mention 2nd degree burns reaching into your bed if it’s been in the sun all day. If you live in the desert southwest those lighter colors are the way to go
Yes, your answer was very useful to me, thanks.

OP
OP
Harley996

Harley996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went BLUE and love it - it's a good thing i enjoy the workout of washing and waxing 😅 I looked and drove quite few Tacomas, even made offers on Silver and white ones but my heart ultimately wanted blue.... I do have to say for a second choice the SILVER looks really good in person, and the WHITE looks great with black fenders and roof.
IMG_4285.jpeg
My goodness, the blue color is so cool.!Your car looks like it's been well taken care of by you, you're the perfect car owner. I have my heart set on that color!

OP
OP
Harley996

Harley996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm all about function and yesterday 92 degrees under sun in two different vehicles sure explained why I was after and got white. My past experience has also shown white to be good with time and wear.

My values probably differ from many in the forums because I went back to owning a pickup for utility. Earlier in life I spent more than enough time in real trucks and pickups to not have pickup ownership be some sort of image or ego thing. I can't make sense of what some do like dropping rear hight with springs or low profile tires. If I put low profile tires on my light truck it would still be crappy handling and performance compared to our car. I don't know how people don't scratch them up unless not really used as trucks. I'm not purposely abusive but stuff happens when I work etc...
THANK YOU.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Harley996

Harley996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had one black truck in my life and I got rid of it after a year. Wash it and hours later you could see all the dust and pollen on it from just sitting there. It shows the scratches more easily than a lighter colored truck. If you look at black vehicles out on the roads when you're driving around you'll see all the scratches from washing it. They're very hot in the summer. They show all the road film from rain much easier. Blah blah blah. Go white! Had I had an option for white, I would've done it!
Good luck with whatever you get!
Thank you very much for your advice.

sethrog15

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma off-road 4x4
Found a TRD Pro for MSRP in Underground and can have it in hand by 8/31

OR

keep waiting for a white TRD pro I've had a deposit on since October