Sponsored

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
My truck will be 1 month from Mexico to dealer via rail.

2024 Tacoma Answer: How long does it take from Production to Delivery of a Tacoma thumbnail_tacomatrain (1)
Sponsored

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I don't know if affects anyone else on this blog, but my dealer in PA (I'm in Florida) just informed me that any Tacoma at or will be arriving at the railyard in Annapolis, MD (my 24 TRD Sport 4x4 was made in the Baja, Mexico plant on Marco 14th) have been held up with another "QC" or quality control hold.
He could not advise what specifically the hold is for and did not believe it would hold it up for long but...
My truck was supposed to get delivered by the 21st so I guess I'll keep waiting!

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 double cab
Took delivery of my celestial silver SR5 double cab 4/15
2024 Tacoma Answer: How long does it take from Production to Delivery of a Tacoma IMG_0640

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Placed deposit on an Offroad Premium December 13, 2023 with Toyota of Rock Hill, SC (just south of Charlotte)

Still waiting as of July 5th, 2023. I have repeated asked my salesman to push any updates to me. He hasn't contacted me since May 7th, 2024. 2 months of silence.

Still. Waiting.

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Placed deposit on an Offroad Premium December 13, 2023 with Toyota of Rock Hill, SC (just south of Charlotte)

Still waiting as of July 5th, 2023. I have repeated asked my salesman to push any updates to me. He hasn't contacted me since May 7th, 2024. 2 months of silence.

Still. Waiting.
Are you waiting for a specific color and set of options? Because that could take years or may never show up. Or will any OR premium be acceptable? That shouldn’t take too long.

Toyota’s distribution process is terrible. They are not gonna build one to your specifications and send it to your dealer. It will just be random chance if they happen to send one that matches what you want. All this to say, you may need to expand your search to a dozen or more dealers if you are looking for a specific truck on a faster timeline.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
A long road from Guanajuato to central Virginia. And mine is a Pro, so it will take even longer.

I didn't realize that the halo specific bits were put on after assembly. That might also give them a second chance at QC so they don't deliver Pros and TrailHunters with defects. Mine should be built next week and then maybe October to get it.

Bound to happen one of these days...

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Are you waiting for a specific color and set of options? Because that could take years or may never show up. Or will any OR premium be acceptable? That shouldn’t take too long.

Toyota’s distribution process is terrible. They are not gonna build one to your specifications and send it to your dealer. It will just be random chance if they happen to send one that matches what you want. All this to say, you may need to expand your search to a dozen or more dealers if you are looking for a specific truck on a faster timeline.
If I could get my $1000 back and look elsewhere I would...unfortunately, that's not a viable option. Non-refundable.

To answer your Qs:
- I wanted 'Underground'. Settling on 'Celestial Silver'.
- This is my retirement truck. Options: I ordered an OR with all Premium Options.

This will be my 1st Toyota. To your point about Distribution, I can't believe how bad it is, here in the South East region of the U.S.

Maddening.

Muckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA

Still. Waiting.
Don't expect it to get any better once you have an allocation. Mine entered build status a couple of weeks ago - no updates from the salesperson. They were very responsive when we were discussing ordering the truck, adding/removing options, then as soon as they got my non-refundable deposit, it has been radio silence.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
Can relate to the struggle of a deposit sitting at a local dealership for months only for plenty of other local dealerships to get stock of the new Hybrid Trim models. Wondering the route everyone else has taken whether it’s going to multiple dealers with a deposit, finding a broker, or an option I haven’t thought of. I finally reached out to a broker here in California because my local Toyota dealership with my deposit still doesn’t have a timeline on my build for a TRD PRO.

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
One salesman I'm dealing with said at their dealer training held last month they were told the Halo's and the Hybrid Limited's will only be 11% of total production this model year.

DaveS1234

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru

Wait. They don't allow you to order a car specified the way you want it?
Sponsored