Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Did you get a notice your TH was on QC hold? And where is your dealer? Thanks.
Yes. Still have no clue what the issue was. Oregon. Picking up now.
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions 09E5271F-A4AA-4EBC-94BD-C2423703F61E

Edit: also confirmed that the bed scene lights work haha
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Congrats @Taco Azul

That is definitely a very nice looking truck, and I think that is the first long bed TH that I have seen in black.

I really makes an impression and the TH wheels look very good with the black exterior.

Willm8

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Takoma Trailhunter, Black 6ft bed.
@Taco Azul Thank you for the Photos. Black long bed TH is what I have a reserve on too, so it's great to see one moving. But I think mine is still in Mexico waiting to be shipped to the port. Enjoy your camping. I have a camping trip early august too, but will have to use my old 2009 highlander. But I am shifting to leaving my tent behind and sleeping inside the 6 foot long back area with the seats folded down in this slow movement toward a new way of doing things with the TH.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Thanks guys! Yeah I think the bronze accents really go well with black. I know black isn’t for everyone but I’ve had several vehicles in the color and I like it and don’t mind the maintenance. Hopefully gonna do some light off-roading on Wednesday. Might get some proper pictures.

Willm8

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Takoma Trailhunter, Black 6ft bed.
Is the QC hold still happening on TH? I've been reluctant to ask the dealer where I have a TH reserved in case he says it still is on hold.
But I have been looking at Toyota Inventory Website every day. But it just seemed like nothing was changing, so I decided to keep a simple record to see if anything does change. And today there was a change. See chart below: Top line: it is 12 weeks since I have been trying to get a TH, almost 4 weeks since I reserved one. Search is 100 miles from Takoma Park Maryland. Mine is still in build phase.
On the second day of this project, a new TH 6 ft bed appeared in Pennsylvania in build. So there are changes! If anyone replies in this thread I will do an update later.
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions update 7-24

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Is the QC hold still happening on TH? I've been reluctant to ask the dealer where I have a TH reserved in case he says it still is on hold.
But I have been looking at Toyota Inventory Website every day. But it just seemed like nothing was changing, so I decided to keep a simple record to see if anything does change. And today there was a change. See chart below: Top line: it is 12 weeks since I have been trying to get a TH, almost 4 weeks since I reserved one. Search is 100 miles from Takoma Park Maryland. Mine is still in build phase.
On the second day of this project, a new TH 6 ft bed appeared in Pennsylvania in build. So there are changes! If anyone replies in this thread I will do an update later.
update 7-24.png
I noticed Trailhunters were added to the system even during the beginning/middle of the QC hold. I've called a bunch of dealers and their experiences are that the inventory site can be late to update a lot of the time. Also, presold/reserved vehicles can be manually removed entirely from the system, creating some disparity of information. High volume dealers might get additional allocations more frequently as well.

Every time Toyota updates shops with allocations, yes, Trailhunter inventory has been accretive to the system. That could be implied that the problem(s) didn't require a stop-production on the TH assembly lines necessarily, and that perhaps the QC issues were resolved before the last big allocation drop. But the vehicles that were corralled in the QC hold to begin with still need to be addressed, and from what I'm reading here & various places they're trickling out to dealerships.

We're not talking about a huge number of trucks on that QC hold. Toyota dealerships must've got some news from corporate this past month because ~5 sales people this week have told me this bit: "We're only getting 1-2 Trailhunters this year, maybe another in the next 3-4 months..."

Sponsored
OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
I just did a search after seeing your post and am seeing changes as well. I did a 500 mile radius search from CO, IA, and OH and the ones that are in build phase all show a date range again that seems accurate for a truck currently being built (3 - 4 weeks estimated delivery). This is a change from before where anything in build phase had the estimated delivery date removed. I have 3 deposits as well (1 built, 1 in build phase, and 1 not allocated locally in Denver) so I will update the thread based on what happens with mine. I would say that if mine that is in build phase somehow beats the one on QC hold already built then it's a very limited number truly affected, but I doubt that happens.

Anything already built still shows "vehicle may still be in transit contact dealer".

This is definitely a change from before. I will shoot my dealer in IA a text today to see if he's showing anything different on their portal today on mine that was built and departed Mexico on 06/21.

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
I just did a search after seeing your post and am seeing changes as well. I did a 500 mile radius search from CO, IA, and OH and the ones that are in build phase all show a date range again that seems
Mine is still saying:

Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date.

When I contacted my dealer the lady seems like she is getting annoyed by me asking every week. She said that she will get a notice when the status changes. It sure would be nice to know what is going on

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Are you getting these status updates by searching on the Toyota inventory feature, or is there another way to see allocations and status? I have not gotten any status update from my dealer.

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
Are you getting these status updates by searching on the Toyota inventory feature, or is there another way to see allocations and status? I have not gotten any status update from my dealer.
Toyota inventory, dealer website, and texting / calling my dealer.
Sponsored