Sponsored

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
Very interested in this mod. Hopefully, Limited hybrid can benefit from this.
maybe once the 4runner comes out using the dial from that...
Sponsored

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
How did you get the console off to replace?

trey_is_a_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Unsurprising that you can just install the selector. A little surprising the software is not locked behind something the dealer has to flash or at least enable via privileged access . Seems like buttons that could mess with throttle and vehicle stability should be locked down just for safety/liability reasons.

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Definitely hope you come back with an update. Curious to know if the 4x switching will fail or not. This looks like an OEM party.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Does it actually WORK though lol. I heard from another guy it simulates that it works, as in all the lights and crap comes on but it doesn't actually do anything

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
For those that have MTS is it worth getting?

OP
OP
Btimothy4

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Console is easy to take apart
1st just pull down on the shift boot

2024 Tacoma Adding MTS and Crawl Control to a TRD Sport - EASY! IMG_0179

Then you will need to reach under the shifter and feel for a small wire clip

2024 Tacoma Adding MTS and Crawl Control to a TRD Sport - EASY! IMG_0180

just spread the wire clip open and pull up the shifter

The console lid can now be lifted, I started at the left top and pulled up. Its a good tug but will come off and not break anything

Also, there are 2 factory harness plugs in there, connected to the switch blanks in the console - I have no idea what they go to

2024 Tacoma Adding MTS and Crawl Control to a TRD Sport - EASY! IMG_0181

Last edited:
OP
OP
Btimothy4

Btimothy4

First Name
TB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
To the question about does it really work - I was in a dirt field by my house and tested. I cycled through the settings and drove. The dash light not only changed, but you can tell when the VSC would engage and disengage.

gondem07

First Name
Demetrio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I have a TRD Sport and wanted to see if just changing out the 4X control would enable the MTS and Crawl setting like the TRD OF has. Since the transfer case, transmission was the same and assumed it was just a computer control.

I purchased a brand new 4X Control for a TRD OF off eBay for $130, took the console apart and swapped in the control and it worked! Now have all the settings - throws no CEL's!

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg
Wanting to try this on my Sport Upgrade but wondering if you get full functionality. Definitely seems to good to be true, but if it is true seems like a worthwhile upgrade for $130. Can anyone actually verify if both MTS and Crawl Control is enabled once you plug everything in?

Sponsored

Brooksie

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I'm hoping there is going to be a trailer brake controller soon too. The Curt Bluetooth one works great, but would be nice to have a built in one. I've ordered the MTS controller and will update when it arrives and installed.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I've been wondering if this would work for anything else, such as installing switches, etc on the off-road that are only available on higher models. I'm sure all the harnesses are there for everything. Does anyone have any ideas what might work trying the same technique on something else?

hogshooter

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited 4x4
I've been wondering if this would work for anything else, such as installing switches, etc on the off-road that are only available on higher models. I'm sure all the harnesses are there for everything. Does anyone have any ideas what might work trying the same technique on something else?
My experience with the previous generation Tundras was that they all had the same wiring harness, and adding accessories was as easy as plugging in the needed parts. I added a few features to my SR5 just by buying sensors and switches. I'm hoping the Limited has the accessory plugs the TRDs have, so I would just need the switches and harnesses to plug in.

24 TRD OR

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Not trying to troll or anything. If you are trying to turn your trd sport into a trd off road, why didn't you get a trd off road?

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
If you really wanna make your truck look more like an off-road, I'll trade you my hood for your sport hood!:)
Sponsored