Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Wow. I am so happy you walked away from this. God was definitely looking out for you! Prayers for the people in the other car for sure.

It’s odd how slow motion the dash cam makes everything look. But with the speeds involved you’d have zero fault with zero time to react. I hope you’re doing ok after all this, no matter the outcome for the others. I’ve contemplated a dash cam for my next vehicle, & perhaps seeing this has just cemented that decision for me.
Sponsored

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd w/upgrade
Wow. I am so happy you walked away from this. God was definitely looking out for you! Prayers for the people in the other car for sure.

It’s odd how slow motion the dash cam makes everything look. But with the speeds involved you’d have zero fault with zero time to react. I hope you’re doing ok after all this, no matter the outcome for the others. I’ve contemplated a dash cam for my next vehicle, & perhaps seeing this has just cemented that decision for me.
I would thank the engineers who designed the airbags and designed the crumple zones in your truck.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
That video sure speaks to the engineering that goes into vehicles these days. Essentially a 90 MPH impact and you walked away. That’s pretty amazing.

Sponsored

Taco Golfer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Thank you so much.
Toyota sure is getting a lot of free publicity with my recommendation and bragging about their safety.
I'm sorry for your loss. I've learned never to question God about why someone passes for whatever reason.
i'm gonna edit my post to add this to it....

Toyota sent SOS messages to those in my contact list. Emergency responders including the police we're not even on scene yet when I was getting texts or calls asking if I was OK and what was going on.

A little comfort knowing they would know what was up if for some reason I didn't come home.

It kept updating my location to my contacts.
It also kept calling 911.
I was so worried the truck was gonna catch fire. I couldn't shut it off at that push button and it was knocking really bad in the engine.

IMG_4099.jpeg

IMG_4100.jpeg
Did Toyota send notice to all contacts or just select?

OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Only to the ones I had in my emergency contact list on my iPhone.
PS. Update coming
The truck itself automatically called emergency services and all the doors unlocked at impact.
I was always concerned about that not knowing that feature existed. My concern was being trapped inside and fire broke out, which didn't happen here, but I was scared sh*tless that was what was going to happen because I could not turn the truck off.

OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Definitely a different truck. Grill is also completely different. What’s up with that?? Glad you are ok? 🙏
Yes that was one I took at the towing yard that I did not mean to post. It was very similar to mine except not as much damage.

I'll be posting an update later today or tomorrow.

OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
That video sure speaks to the engineering that goes into vehicles these days. Essentially a 90 MPH impact and you walked away. That’s pretty amazing.
Yep that's exactly what I've been saying and this morning I wrote an email to the Director of Southeast Toyota telling him about the accident and I'd be honored to be involved in any advertising they would like to do.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I would thank the engineers who designed the airbags and designed the crumple zones in your truck.
In the email I wrote to the Director of Toyota Southeast Toyota that is this morning, I gave high praise to the engineering department for their engineering of the safety, and I mentioned that I would like to see that as a minimum standard on all vehicles in the USA and the broad.

OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Wow! Glad you are ok. Looks like a hard hit!
Thanks so much. I can't tell you how horrible it was crashing at 90 mph. It happened so damn fast. I usually automatically reflect go to the right but there was no chance. That video makes it look so slow.
And now I know what so many people in the same situation see at the last moment of their lives at that kind of impact.
At first I couldn't believe I didn't wake up dead but immediately realized I wasn't in the fear of being trapped in that thing and it catching on fire especially since it wouldn't turn off traumatic. I let out a sigh of relief awhen somebody opened that drivers door because then I knew I could get out.
In that video as soon as the crash happened, you can see a white van and a small white SUV way in the background make a U-turn and get out of there instead of coming up to helping out. Incredible times have changed.
At least no one was standing around just filming it on cell phones, like I've seen in so many Chinese videos.
Sponsored

Last edited: