Sagebrush

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Are there any printing services that will do single orders you know of?
I live in a two-light town, and the local library does custom prints. Six-bits says you've got a friend who has one. If you're on Facebook, ask around.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I live in a two-light town, and the local library does custom prints. Six-bits says you've got a friend who has one. If you're on Facebook, ask around.
3D prints?

OP
OP
Sagebrush

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
3D prints?
The library here will 3D print for locals. They printed a part for my sliding bevel saw some years ago, and that's when I decided to buy a 3D printer.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
The library here will 3D print for locals. They printed a part for my sliding bevel saw some years ago, and that's when I decided to buy a 3D printer.
Interesting.

No, I know my library doesn't have one. I'm on the finance committee for my town, and nobody is requesting a printer. It would be a tall order for something like that to make it to the final budget without strong justification.

That said, as I think about it, I can see storefronts opening up for 3D printing as it becomes more mainstream.

For automotive use, what type of filament is needed?"

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sagebrush

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
For automotive use, what type of filament is needed?"
This is what I wrote about it on Thingiverse:

This is a bracket for mounting a single ARB compressor in the engine bay of the 4th-generation Tacomas.

I printed this with PETG with a heat tolerance of 176Âş. In a test run with the bracket in place without the compressor, the temperature of the part was at 127Âş after a twenty-mile run on a hot day. Ask me at 10,000 miles how it's holding up. ;)

Bolt the compressor to the bracket before installing it. I used 5mm socket-head bolts for this. Use 6mm socket-head bolts to bolt it to the truck. Make sure to install washers. You'll need extra-long ball-head Allen wrenches to do this.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
Anyone seen a cover for the sharkfin antenna that is flat? I'm hoping to place my sharkfin antenna in the dash and cover the leftover hole with a flat piece.

The camper cab over for the the camper I want will hit the sharkfin and I don't want to raise the camper if I don't have to.