2016 Tacoma

Root

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, 1987 Jeep YJ
The dust seals just keep crap out of that storage box? Then you glued them in?

OP
OP
Sagebrush

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
The dust seals just keep crap out of that storage box? Then you glued them in?
I think I added the instructions on Thingiverse. But yeah, they keep the dust out of the box and are glued with super glue. They work.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Outstanding!

I don't have a printer. Are there any printing services that will do single orders you know of?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dankoma

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
Can you design a cover for the rear cup holders? My dog stands on the center console and I have been trying to find a way to fill in the cup holders in back. Flat top that plugs into the holder bits to make it a snug fit. I have a printer, just no time to learn how to design something.

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I'd like to see a replacement piece designed for the wireless charging pad that can hold an Apple Magsafe charger. I may get around to it eventually, but I'm pretty inexperienced with CAD design software.

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
I'd like to see a replacement piece designed for the wireless charging pad that can hold an Apple Magsafe charger. I may get around to it eventually, but I'm pretty inexperienced with CAD design software.
just curious, why do you want a magsafe on top of the other wireless charger?

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
just curious, why do you want a magsafe on top of the other wireless charger?
The Toyota Qi charger is very slow and makes my phone really hot. Other people have reported that it won't work with their phones, likely because their phone case is too thick or their camera lenses create too much of a gap. So I think it would be cool to design a piece that can replace the existing Qi wireless charger with a Magsafe charger. There are threads online for other Toyota vehicles where people have done it.

There would be some challenges making sure the Magsafe pad is in the right place and it may need to protrude slightly to help with the camera lens issue.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
3D printing opens up a whole new area of bespoke pieces to fulfill niche needs.

Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
With the fun you can have, it's actually reasonably priced. I'm just getting started and I have printed several useful things on my $200 3D Printer. There's a lot to learn. I designed and printed a hole-through mount for my Digital Rear when I relocated it to the back of my cap. Not knowing, I used the wrong filament and it's starting to Warp. Printing again now with different stuff. Hopefully it will work out better. I'm sure I'll eventually upgrade, but it's making it fun to print things for my Tacoma. @Sagebrush , I actually had downloaded your oil channel early this morning. I'll be printing it after I get this mount finalized. Looks super useful.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter long boi
I think I added the instructions on Thingiverse. But yeah, they keep the dust out of the box and are glued with super glue. They work.
I am also 3D printing enthusiast, but in this particular case printing these parts seems to me like a solution in search of a problem.
Wouldn't it be easier to just cover the holes with tape?

Franko Manini

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Frontier
Where's the fun in that?
Sponsored