Sponsored

I am giving up on waiting for my Tacoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3, Subaru Legacy, Honda Element EX AWD
I don’t consider a Maverick a truck but if you like it that’s all that matters
Well, it IS a small unibody pickup truck.
Of course if I worked in construction or had to haul heavy load or tow heavy trailers, I wouldn't have considered a Maverick.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FoxTRDPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Other considerations: people buy Toyotas for 3 main reasons:
  1. Reliability
  2. Reasonable pricing
  3. Fuel efficiency
All three are not applicable anymore.
Toyota has turned into a joke of a company. The issues the Tacomas are having are catastrophic. I don't know why anyone would get one when compared to a Ranger Raptor or Colorado ZR2. This is coming from someone that had an order for a trd pro and his owned countless Toyota's...

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You came here just to say "i'm not buying a tacoma" ?
That, and also to point out that Toyota has lost me as a customer party because of terrible ordering experience. Maybe someone at Toyota pays attention.

And also to let other people like myself, who wanted a small hybrid + AWD unibody pickup truck but had to settle for an overpriced, bulky, plagued with reliability issues Tacoma, know that finally, they have options now.

Last edited:

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
I guess I was not really turned off by the Toyota buying experience. I have had many many cars over the years and they were usually purchased based on what was on the lot that was closest to what I wanted. Sometimes I gave up some features to have a certain color or vice versa but always ended up happy having a new car. I guess if I was going for a halo trim or some sort of super car then I’d be a little more picky in getting everything I want. Oh well, I have the features I wanted on my truck, ended up with underground which has really grown on me, and I’ll have a lot of fun making lots of memories with this truck.

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I was not really turned off by the Toyota buying experience.
I am glad that you got what you wanted.

For me, a year after I placed a deposit, not only there is nothing that matches my build, but the worst part is that the dealership says they don't know when my configuration becomes available, if at all. Not knowing was the worst part.

In contrast, direct ordering with Ford is so relaxing. Choose exacly what you want and watch it progressing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I've told this story several times on this forum, but I'll tell it again. I got tired of waiting and started calling dealers to see who had limited allotments. I found two. The first one wanted to upcharge me; the second offered MSRP. I requested, and got approved for, a color change to SS Red. It's on the boat as we speak, and I should have it by the end of the month. I placed the order in June.

So, what's my point? I had my name with several dealers and heard nothing. To get what you want, you have to go find it. A lot of people are doing that, and it's not just for Toyotas. Yes, there are logistics involved and so on, and it shouldn't be that way, but that's the unfortunate truth in today's car buying world.

I wish you well on your purchase.

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To get what you want, you have to go find it. A lot of people are doing that, and it's not just for Toyotas. Yes, there are logistics involved and so on, and it shouldn't be that way, but that's the unfortunate truth in today's car buying world.
But it doesn't have to be that way, that's my point. My Tesla Model 3 was built exactly to my specs, and so is my future Maverick. If they can do it, why can't Toyota? Life is too short to search for a new car matching what you want.

I wish you well on your purchase.
Thank you!

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Not an airport so no need to announce our departure. Enjoy your Ford Maverick.

Toyota has never and will most likely never allow for customer orders. You knew that going in yet tried anyway and now they suck. Go buy a Tesla. You can order exactly what you want. All 4 colors.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Sorry to hear that. Toyota could do some heavy improvement in their customer experience and ordering 100%.

Did a few quick surveys on the Inventory search screen using various zip codes around the country and the max 500mi radius.
... looks like Limited Hybrids in Blue must be in the next factory batch... b/c there are a LOAD of them showing in build phase... and a few on lots if you're willing to travel or pay the dealer for private transport (which is what I'm doing on mine)

One example with a 500mi radium from Harrisburg, PA
(only one gray interior in this one, lots of black interiors)
https://www.toyota.com/search-inven...alse&distance=500&trim[]=7534&extColor[]=08W7

OP
OP
Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.