Sponsored

System Malfunction after Lift

jdmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Offroad
I started getting a system Malfunction error on my dash after installing a 2.5 in readylift. I read on older tacomas that this is sometimes an issue when doing lifts. It has disabled all my driver assists including cruise control, lane kept, etc.

Has anyone run into this issue and is there a fix?

2024 Tacoma System Malfunction after Lift IMG20240915184829
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I had the Westcott 2.5”/1” collar lift professionally installed 3 weeks ago. Zero issues so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jdmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Offroad
I have a rooftop tent on the back so there is some tilt back. I didn't get the error until fixing up the alignment a bit temporarily before I get a full alignment. I read somewhere in other Toyota forums that I may need to add a shim to the sensor on the front to correct the angle.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
You need to have it recalibrated. If the shop you had the lift done at can not do it then the dealer can.

AKYLEP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
It needs to be calibrated after lifts. Same for going up in tire size so your speedometer is accurate.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jdmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Where are you guys going to get recalibration? I read that Toyota dealers won't do it because of liability issues?

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Where are you guys going to get recalibration? I read that Toyota dealers won't do it because of liability issues?
Call the dealer and ask them if they have ADAS equipment… if the service writer is unaware of the term “ADAS” then ask for the shop Forman, bypass the middle man. There can be many errors with the sensors before they even provide the warning in the screen. After any suspension upgrades, I would suggest having the sensors checked. If you want to buy an ADAS setup, let me know $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Calibrations require lots of space and no sunlight reflecting off the ground.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I started getting a system Malfunction error on my dash after installing a 2.5 in readylift. I read on older tacomas that this is sometimes an issue when doing lifts. It has disabled all my driver assists including cruise control, lane kept, etc.

Has anyone run into this issue and is there a fix?

IMG20240915184829.jpg
Your TSS was active when the lift was installed. Key was in or too close to the pickup. Your going to have to get it recalibrated.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+in...i=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25PH28OYG1I

Last edited: