Sponsored

What is this and how do I nuke it? "Enter 6-digit PIN"

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
A couple of days ago, this started appearing on my infotainment screen. I've had my Sport since early may and don't ever recall setting up any kind of PIN for anything. Anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it. Every time I start the truck and want to play my tunes I have to cancel this out.
2024 Tacoma What is this and how do I nuke it? "Enter 6-digit PIN" pan
Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
can't get rid of it. that's established by the owner when you take delivery. Remember the pin?

OP
OP
Miqie

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
No, I don't even remember setting up a PIN. The salesman was going over so much at delivery, I probably overlooked this part. So, I'm stuck forever with it?

AKYLEP

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Its for linking the app to your infotainment system. It did it on mine the first time I drove it, you go through the setup, pick your own pin and thats the only time it has asked me for it.

Sponsored

Tankinfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
Try 123456. While my speeding through my overview that's what he put in.

32spoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I cut and pasted from the link above:

if you don't remember your PIN, you can reset it using the Toyota app (hopefully the salesman walked you through setting that up when you purchased the car).

This is for an iPhone, but I'm sure it's similar if you have the app on an Android:

1) Once in the Toyota app, click on the user button in the upper right corner (looks like a human outline)
2) Click on 'Account'.
3) Select 'Security Settings'.
4) Scroll down to 'reset PIN'.
5) Once you reset your PIN, you should be able to enter that PIN into the infotainment system in your Crown and everything should work again.

Fireguy67

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyta Tacoma Sport Premium 6’ bed
I cut and pasted from the link above:

if you don't remember your PIN, you can reset it using the Toyota app (hopefully the salesman walked you through setting that up when you purchased the car).

This is for an iPhone, but I'm sure it's similar if you have the app on an Android:

1) Once in the Toyota app, click on the user button in the upper right corner (looks like a human outline)
2) Click on 'Account'.
3) Select 'Security Settings'.
4) Scroll down to 'reset PIN'.
5) Once you reset your PIN, you should be able to enter that PIN into the infotainment system in your Crown and everything should work again.
I agree. I had the same issue with a PIN I didn’t remember setting up at dealership. You can go through the screen and set up a new pin as descibed. I believe that there is no default PIN for these systems. It’s really a lot easier than it might appear. Good Luck
Sponsored