Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Unfortunately no lemon law,I’m in Canada..If my transmission ends up failing after this shit show,I’ll probably go ballistic .
That's unfortunate. As a long time Toyota owner I never thought I would need a lemon law, but there have been cases with 4th gens where I think I might go that route.

I love my truck though and I would probably just wait until they fix whatever, at least if they provide a loaner truck.
Sponsored

Old Grom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kona N
I've been in the market for a Tacoma and monitoring this issue along with transmission discussion etc...I was just checking all the Florida inventory, well I check 20+ tacos on toyota.com and every last one of them is 3TY. We're talking OR, Sport, Pro. I didn't find a single 3TM. Maybe Florida doesn't get any Baja built tacos.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I've been in the market for a Tacoma and monitoring this issue along with transmission discussion etc...I was just checking all the Florida inventory, well I check 20+ tacos on toyota.com and every last one of them is 3TY. We're talking OR, Sport, Pro. I didn't find a single 3TM. Maybe Florida doesn't get any Baja built tacos.
After living in FL, there is no way I would ever buy a vehicle in the state. As far as Toyota goes, I wouldn't buy one from the GST dealers either.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Which factory the trucks come from is based on the trim. All of the hybrids and premium models are 3TY, no matter where you live. The assembly point doesn't make any difference on transmission issues anyway, since the transmissions are built in Japan by Aisin.

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
because of southeast Toyota or some other reason?
GST dealers add all this extra BS that nobody wants. As far as FL goes, the doc fees are ridiculous and generally a lot of the dealers are trying to get ADM.

Old Grom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kona N
GST dealers add all this extra BS that nobody wants. As far as FL goes, the doc fees are ridiculous and generally a lot of the dealers are trying to get ADM.
oh southeast adds all that crap too then dealers add even more. $80 phone cable package, crappy door and hood PPF, predator step bars, $800 for paint protection and a couple oil changes (that are already FREE for 25K miles!

Old Grom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kona N
Which factory the trucks come from is based on the trim. All of the hybrids and premium models are 3TY, no matter where you live. The assembly point doesn't make any difference on transmission issues anyway, since the transmissions are built in Japan by Aisin.
Guess I'm getting a 3TY then if I decide go Tacoma! Thanks for the info.

jeb2930

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
My truck has been sitting at dealership since August 19th….part supposed to get here next week🙄I’ve got more miles on the loaner than my sport premium.Try to get a different truck from them,it’s only been a week.
The salesman was very apologetic. I’m going in there Monday armed with my screenshots from this thread and we’ll see what happens. I don’t want to be without it for that long but it is what it is. I hope they make it right and If they piss me off, I’ll be going the asking for a new truck route 😄
Sponsored