Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

DaveyJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport plus
Little update: it is indeed cracked. The ETA on the part is 2-5 days.. not convinced on that after reading here.. and a 15 hour fix. They gave me a choice to leave it or bring it back. Decided to leave it since I have another vehicle I can drive and don’t want any more drippage damaging anything. They also said it was the first time they’re hearing of this issue
Hopefully it works out for you,I just got an update from my case worker with Toyota Canada that part is now end of November/early December…👎🏼😡

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
It was an assembly problem in Guanajuato (3TY). The evaporator box is attached to the front crash bar. The mounting points were not where they should be, because the crash bar was out of spec. When the part is screwed into place the stress cracks the evaporator.

According to Toyota this problem was resolved and should not happen in later builds. I have not seen this problem in any trucks built in Baja (3TM).
Well I don’t think mine looks cracked yet…guess time will tell. I’ve only driven 122 miles. But as you said, the install should have cracked it. I worry too damn much.
Sponsored