Nic24ifmltd

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited iForceMax
Looks good.
Do you know if the iforce hood badge is removable? I know the Tundra iforce hood badge has posts.
To be honest I haven’t checked. I’ll have a look tmrw.
Sponsored

AntodeC64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2024 Hybrid
I got my Limited iForce Max a few weeks ago and have been removing / covering up chrome ever since. Below are the highlights.

-replaced wheels, put on 33s (265/70R18). I went with Michelin LTX as I have no illusions about how much off roading I’m getting done. I got oem black lug and lock nuts.

-replaced mirror caps with oem colour matched ones (this was super easy and made the biggest difference!).

-removed exhaust tip and used high heat primer/paint to black it out.

-vinyl wrapped lower grille, door and tailgate handles, touch feature unaffected and I’m super happy with it. Also wrapped edges of the max emblem on hood (before and after photos below). Interestingly the sensors on lower grille (which I thought I’d have to cut out and expose the chrome) are totally unaffected by the wrap. The wrap guy said they always cover them up without issue.

-installed a TRD front skid plate, with the cross member being on its way from RCI for 39$ (thanks @Gurvy522 for the tip!).

-installed a hard tri-fold tonneau cover (Bison).

Left to do:

- grille and light bar (likely heritage one but will see if other options are out there)

- “limited” emblems on doors (got wrong size ones shipped and am waiting on correct ones).

Pics:

IMG_8277.jpeg

IMG_8278.png

IMG_8286.jpeg

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8316.jpeg

IMG_8317.jpeg

IMG_8303.jpeg

IMG_8313.jpeg

IMG_8318.jpeg

IMG_8314.jpeg

IMG_8319.jpeg

IMG_8321.jpeg

IMG_8320.jpeg
Looks pretty great. Can you share the "Limited" black emblem overlay P/Ns your ordered please?

Thanks

OP
OP

Nic24ifmltd

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks pretty great. Can you share the "Limited" black emblem overlay P/Ns your ordered please?

Thanks
The ones I ordered were too small, couldn’t find the right ones so I ended up simply removing them altogether.

OP
OP

Nic24ifmltd

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK thanks. Assuming you removed the air dam (chin strap) for the cleaner look ?
First thing I did when I got home from the dealership! I later installed the TRD skid plate as well as the felt one wouldn’t have been suitable for winter (or much else!)

AntodeC64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2024 Hybrid
Is there anything that needs covered up in the undercarriage after removing chin strap ? Or did you install the skid plate cos you will be off-roading ?

Wondering if skid plate is an overkill for me as I will not be off-loading?

Thanks
Sponsored