Sponsored

Hybrid Models - Auxiliary Pigtail Tie-In Locations

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Anyone know if there’s an Aux pigtail connection under the back seats in the hybrid? I know there’s one in the rear of the truck / tying in my GFC lights to that this week.

It would be a colossal time saver to have a tie-in under the back bench. There’s a rubber boot with a huge loom right there to snake an SAE wire coming off my roof mounted RinseKit (already routed cameras through this boot). Deleting the AGM battery in that tank and should have a powered 5 gal shower tank weighing in at ~52lbs full

2024 Tacoma Hybrid Models - Auxiliary Pigtail Tie-In Locations IMG_6745
Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Based on the picture others have posted from the manuals that come with the pigtails, there should be one on the passenger side under the bench.

Can't personally confirm since my Ltd failed to come with the aux prewiring.

If it's not, at least with the battery in the bench it's an easy tie in. Hook to battery directly, then chase up the floor door moulding to the switch panel at the drivers dash position

OP
OP
trailhunger

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Based on the picture others have posted from the manuals that come with the pigtails, there should be one on the passenger side under the bench.

Can't personally confirm since my Ltd failed to come with the aux prewiring.

If it's not, at least with the battery in the bench it's an easy tie in. Hook to battery directly, then chase up the floor door moulding to the switch panel at the drivers dash position
I found all 3 aux connnectors. They’re in the rear of the truck up under the bed near the ARB compressor. There’s 1 single lower port w/a weather cap and the other is situated higher up on the bed/framing underside. That’s actually a 2-for-1 splitter w/ a cap. I’m probably going to tie-in to the 2-fer first because I have 2 accessories to wire right off the bat - and because this female connector doesn’t have a weather protector.. Couldn’t make heads or tails of the wiring at first but after seeing the weather caps and how it interfaces Toyota has all 3 aux ports laid out right there for me.

I’m gonna conclude that these are the only aux tie-in ports on my TH because after rerouting my rear view cameras I got a good look at wiring in the cab and it’s all carefully done with tessa & butyl tape for weather & firewall safety. Even if there’s a mid-point connector under the back seats my M.O. is don’t touch any of this wiring and keep your warranty intact. I don’t think Toyota wants owners touching this area for fire/shock/shorting precautions. Roof racks running power down the A pillars probably need to tie-in at the cabin kick plate

will post pics later tonight. Worst case for me is I need 8’ of SAE cable ran up to the from aft to forward of the GFC’s RTT. ~5 zip ties, some slot grommets & it’s done

Last edited:

Chip

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter
I found all 3 aux connnectors. They’re in the rear of the truck up under the bed near the ARB compressor. There’s 1 single lower port w/a weather cap and the other is situated higher up on the bed/framing underside. That’s actually a 2-for-1 splitter w/ a cap. I’m probably going to tie-in to the 2-fer first because I have 2 accessories to wire right off the bat - and because this female connector doesn’t have a weather protector.. Couldn’t make heads or tails of the wiring at first but after seeing the weather caps and how it interfaces Toyota has all 3 aux ports laid out right there for me.

I’m gonna conclude that these are the only aux tie-in ports on my TH because after rerouting my rear view cameras I got a good look at wiring in the cab and it’s all carefully done with tessa & butyl tape for weather & firewall safety. Even if there’s a mid-point connector under the back seats my M.O. is don’t touch any of this wiring and keep your warranty intact. I don’t think Toyota wants owners touching this area for fire/shock/shorting precautions. Roof racks running power down the A pillars probably need to tie-in at the cabin kick plate

will post pics later tonight. Worst case for me is I need 8’ of SAE cable ran up to the from aft to forward of the GFC’s RTT. ~5 zip ties, some slot grommets & it’s done
Why did you have to relocate your backup camera