Sponsored

Rust on the seat from metal underneath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Guess that makes me a dumbass. I feel more like a dumbass for buying a $60k truck with the expectation of quality.
I do get some of the anger. Mine has some of the small issues others have as well. Bed topper slightly lifted at end, non aligned tailgate, slight cowl bump. While annoying I never would have noticed them without looking. So far overall I love the truck.
Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Guess that makes me a dumbass. I feel more like a dumbass for buying a $60k truck with the expectation of quality.
Itā€™s not dumb. Iā€™m similar in that when I spend a crap load of money on something my expectations are way higher. Itā€™s normal. I think when weā€™ve had these trucks for a year or so we will have better perspective on whether it was worth it. For me, I really like the truck - but weā€™ll see how long it lasts and how it holds up.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I do get some of the anger. Mine has some of the small issues others have as well. Bed topper slightly lifted at end, non aligned tailgate, slight cowl bump. While annoying I never would have noticed them without looking. So far overall I love the truck.
I have the same stuff - given we all have the same things it seems less bad to me - itā€™s manufacturing imperfections. My initial plan was to buy a 2027 when these would all be worked out but my 2022 pro was stolen so I had to pull the trigger now.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I love the truck. I enjoy driving it. Honestly, nothing is really wrong other than the little issues everyone has. I just blew a gasket when I found that yesterday. Truck has <200 miles.
I bought a house once with a bunch of shit wrong. It drove me nuts but I really liked the house. Threatened to sell it a few times. Once I sorted out all the issues it was smooth sailing and I never looked back. Right now weā€™re hyper focused on imperfections. I did the same with the third gen.

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
I donā€™t know if anyone has any advice but Iā€™m taking it to a dealer. Probably going to end up with a lawyer. Iā€™m over the Tacoma bullshit.
Lesssssgooooo. I used to look at my truck in excitement. Those feelings have been long gone

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
OP:

Iā€™ve got some input for you. I think your metal components down there are insufficiently greased. I live in swamp-ass Houston which is similar to ā€˜Bama humidity. And I have zero rust including that piece that is near the seat cushion. Try to find some of that grease and just apply it as a thin film over everything exposed and wipe off the surface rust. Sucks this happened but not end of the world.
IMG_5391.jpeg
IMG_5390.jpeg
Sponsored