Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
It's fine. Make sure the guy printing it prints it with 70% or greater infill.
I printed in abs and wanted to ask how you wired everything on yours. I'm guessing it's just direct to the battery and you use the switch on the compressor? Or can you use the aux switches for on/off? I'm new to compressor installs and trying to learn before buying.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sagebrush

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Or can you use the aux switches for on/off?
The compressor is wired to the battery, and I used an aux switch to turn it on.

I noticed my compressor gained some slop. The rear screw had loosened, so I recommend using blue Loctite when you put it all together.

How'd the ABS print come out?

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
The compressor is wired to the battery, and I used an aux switch to turn it on.

I noticed my compressor gained some slop. The rear screw had loosened, so I recommend using blue Loctite when you put it all together.

How'd the ABS print come out?
Abs was great with supports and a raft, printed at 75% infill.

The compressor runs at 40 amp, what's the setup to use the aux switches? Some kind of low amp relay or something? No idea how this stuff gets wired. I have the aux switches so I'd love to use those.

OP
OP
Sagebrush

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
No idea how this stuff gets wired.
So.... If I recall, I bought my compressor off of Ebay years ago. It came with the stock wiring harness. I see they are $100. A bit stiff. It's just 10 ga (?) wires going to the battery and into a relay switch and then the switch circuit goes to the relay.

There's lots of online discussion about this.

Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
So.... If I recall, I bought my compressor off of Ebay years ago. It came with the stock wiring harness. I see they are $100. A bit stiff. It's just 10 ga (?) wires going to the battery and into a relay switch and then the switch circuit goes to the relay.

There's lots of online discussion about this.
Great, I'll do some more digging. The one sold by arb had a bunch of wiring, relay and switch stuff. I'll see if I can figure it out.