Not open for further replies.

navid

First Name
Navid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Was a little worried about getting the new iForce Max tacoma because the 4runner was coming out, but I really dislike the new 4runner look. Looks like an updated 4th gen 4runner. I think the 5th gen looks much better.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
The Trailhunter brothers!

Obviously, people who choose one over the other will do so mainly based on needs (SUV vs truck). I could go either way, as the functionality I'm looking for can be achieved by both, especially the off-roading capabilities.

Setting that aside, here's how I feel:

The roomier rear seat is an obvious advantage to the 4Runner. I have a family, and I'd want them to be somewhat comfortable on the 10% of the time I'm not alone in the car. I don't remember seeing pictures of a third row though - can anyone confirm yet? We'll know later when it's posted officially by Toyota anyway. If they do offer the third row (which I doubt), it will be for toddlers, so it's not really relevant for me.

The Taco has more aggressive styling and higher clearance, which I prefer.

They're both great-looking vehicles though. My initial reaction is, I'll stick with my Taco deposit :)

What about you guys? What are your thoughts on the new 4R? I think they did an amazing job, and I'm really happy that it will be sharing components with the Taco -it will give both owner bases expanded aftermarket accessory choices!

2024 Tacoma 🔥 Leak: 2025 4Runner Revealed, Looking Like the Tacoma Taco-4R

PS - I flipped the bottom 4R image, so you can't see the snorkel (and the badges are reversed). But I wanted similar angles, so.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I'm a little confused on what differentiates the LC and the 4R now. The 4Runner looks a bit more aggressive from factory, but they basically share the same powerplant and I can't imagine they're all that different in terms of size? I was kind of expecting the 4Runner to have the 3.4TT non-hybrid in it to differentiate it from the LC.

Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I'm a little confused on what differentiates the LC and the 4R now. The 4Runner looks a bit more aggressive from factory, but they basically share the same powerplant and I can't imagine they're all that different in terms of size? I was kind of expecting the 4Runner to have the 3.4TT non-hybrid in it to differentiate it from the LC.
I think the only differentiator will be luxury level; the 4R will be more basic, the LC more upscale. The new LC is a couple of inches longer than the current 4R, but I think the new 4R might be longer than the one it replaces. We will know more tonight when it's officially announced by Toyota.

chounder

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
I like the new 4R, curious if it will slot above the LC in pricing. Still gonna get a Taco though....

Status
Not open for further replies.