Sponsored

2024 Hybrid 2400w Inverter Application(s)

DeadSetMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota GR86, Rivian R1S, Vanagon Syncro Westy
Hey all. New to this forum. Reservation in on a TH, 6ft bed, delivery in October.

I'm planning a topper/camper set up (GoFast, AluCab, or similar). Intended use is camping at trailheads, ski parking lots, streamside, etc. Need a refuge from foul weather, place to sleep for 2-3 night advnetures. 1-2 people. Love to have heat, cooking, and refridgeration. And so, need power. I have owned (still do, its for sale... if anyone knows anyone...) a Vanagaon Westy Syncro... so I am familiar with builds for these purposes. My Vanagon has 50ampHr Li battery and solar charging... this has been adequate for propex heat and luna fridge for weekend (or longer) adventures.

For my TH I would like a heat source, to use my luna fridge, and to add a induction hot plate.

Wondering how to incorporate, or plan around, the TH in bed AC and DC power options.
Curious to hear what experience people are having with using that power for refrigeration, powering small appliances, heaters, etc.

Seems that, if the hybrid battery is full (1.87kWH) it offers around ~150ampHrs of 12V use or ~15ampHrs of 120V use.

But, is it ever full? Can it be charged to full?
Does the 12V DC bed power run from the Hybrid battery?
Does the 120V inverter run from the hjybrid battery?
Can these power sources be on, and the engine be off?

Could the hybrid battery serve as a "house" battery in an overlanding set up to power a heater, induction stove top, refridgerator, and small stuff (phone, camera, etc charging)?

Do we anticipate needing to just do a "traditional" house battery overalnding set up that is separate from the the hybrid battery? Leaving the hybrid battery just simply for driving performance?

Love everyones input and real world experience where there is any!

Many thanks
D