Hingie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Hello

Newbe here. Just purchased a 24 TRD Sport. Iforce 4. Interested in what others "who own" one, thinks about the engine. Only have 160 miles on it but i feel its a bit noticeable in the cabin. Ordered a hood mat to cut down on noise.

Anyone else have any thoughts / feedback?

Thanks

Anyone else
Sponsored

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Hello

Newbe here. Just purchased a 24 TRD Sport. Iforce 4. Interested in what others "who own" one, thinks about the engine. Only have 160 miles on it but i feel its a bit noticeable in the cabin. Ordered a hood mat to cut down on noise.

Thanks

Anyone else
Yeah it’s definitely noisy , get some feedback from the engine through the driveline into the cabin but it’s a truck completely normal and way smoother than my 3rd gen Tacoma was. That truck was awful the vibrations were ungodly I feel terrible for the next person who buys that truck

OP
OP
Hingie

Hingie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Yeah it’s definitely noisy , get some feedback from the engine through the driveline into the cabin but it’s a truck completely normal and way smoother than my 3rd gen Tacoma was. That truck was awful the vibrations were ungodly I feel terrible for the next person who buys that truck
Thanks. I am used to my F-250 so this will take a bit getting used to.

Nixamantacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
I have the Sport with premium upgrade and absolutely love it.
With the Premium it has the sound proofing and acoustic glass. With the sound proofing it is very quiet.

I just got home driving 200 miles on highway and you do not notice the road noises. Even semi trucks are not loud.
I now have 4000 miles on it since June 19th

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Hello

Thanks

Anyone else
Yep, it’s a busy little 4 banger!

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road/2007 Nissan Xterra
It could be the fake engine noise that is pumped into the cabin. I had a similar thought and discovered the fake engine noise and disabled it using Carista and now it’s nice and quiet.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Interesting @geonerdist - the fake noise is supposed to enhance the engine sound, but could actually be the source of it, plus it can easily be turned off. It is definitely worth trying.

Sponsored

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road/2007 Nissan Xterra
Interesting @geonerdist - the fake noise is supposed to enhance the engine sound, but could actually be the source of it, plus it can easily be turned off. It is definitely worth trying.
Agreed. I would just be driving around and would think to myself wondering why it seemed to get so noisy.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Hello

Anyone else have any thoughts / feedback
I'm a newbie as well, but I've got about 8k on my Tacoma. I noticed that the engine seemed kind of noisy while new to me as well, but it's definitely quieted down since new. I believe that's the injectors that are making that noise. Anyhow I have the regular TRD Off-Road, so not the premium, and as a result I dont have the acoustic mat mounted under the hood. Anyhow, give it time -- it'll quiet down.

Also, I just returned from a 5K trip in mine, it was entirely pleasant and quite the entire trip.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I’m taking my truck on its first “long” trip, 184 miles round trip up to the mountains of Pennsylvania. Must say I’m a bit nervous. I’m right in the sweet spot of failures. 1100 miles lol

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Sounds like a lawnmower compared to my old V8. But it has grown on me
Sponsored