Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Roof Rack / Cross Bars Style Market Survey

TRUMGETA

ELITE Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Attention Tacoma Owners: Participate in our market survey and share your valuable opinions. If your feedback is selected, you will receive a Gift Card ranging from $20 to $100, redeemable on our brand’s official website.

Product One: Cross Bars
Product Description: The Tacoma Cross Bars come in five different styles, all featuring a sleek black and silver design to suit various aesthetic preferences. Which of these five styles do you like the most?

Product Automotive tire Automotive design Gesture Automotive exterior

Product Two: Roof Rack
Product Description: The Tacoma Roof Rack is available in two styles, both in black, catering to different aesthetic preferences.

Style Introduction:

Rounded Style: This design features a more rounded look, perfect for those who prefer modern and streamlined aesthetics.

Rectangle Font Wood Electric blue Slope

Rectangle Gas Font Tints and shades Electric blue

Classic Style: This design mirrors the previous generation Tacoma, ideal for those who appreciate classic and traditional styles.

Rectangle Font Technology Electric blue Transparency

Rectangle Gadget Font Electric blue Handwriting
Sponsored

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR LB Bronze Oxide
I've got a few comments.

Cross bars:

1. Can't really tell which style is preferable until I see prototypes actually on the vehicle. They should match the lines of the truck.

2. Don't like the curved crossbars. The roof of the truck is basically flat, so they should match the lines.

3. Definitely should mount to the existing holes in the truck roof. No clamp on, otherwise I'd just go with Thule or Yakima.

4. Value added feature would be some type of cover for the exposed mounting track.

5. Make sure the plastic caps match the exterior plastics of the truck, like the fender flares, etc.

6. Obviously, have to clear the shark fin.

7. Crossbars should have T-tracks with rubber fillers like Thule and slots for dropping in T bolts.

8. If you could come up with some kind of quick-detach mechanism, that would be awesome as long as it doesn't compromise stability.

9. No wimpy load rating.

Roof rack:

This is a great option I definitely like. Nobody makes one yet. Many of the same comments.

1. Whichever style matches the truck better. I don't get the purpose of the slots on the classic style, other than making whistling noises. But they look cool from above which nobody will ever see.

2. Plastic has to match the truck otherwise it's a no-go for me.

3. T-slots in the crossbars with rubber filler strip.

4. I'd prefer the rear crossbar be a little farther back. Also, need at least 4' between crossbars.

Good luck! Hope to see something soon.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Building on @Bluznvice - the rear crossmember should be behind the antenna or have the option to be, so that it can protect from something leaning on the cab from the bed. Also that the total stack height of cross bars or rack should be equal to or just the smallest nudge (0.25-0.5in) higher so as to limit any "permanent" height addition to the vehicle being able to clear under (such as parking garages)

Longpatterned

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 4x4 SR5 Double Cab Long Bed
I like the previous gen style. Folding crossbars would make it simple to go through an automatic car wash. Need 100lb capacity to portage a canoe.

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4X4 Longbed Premium
YES ! #1

want these to fit in the slots on roof, not clamp on edge style

thx 😊
Sponsored