Sponsored

fostuhh

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Pro Tacoma
Yeah my dealership said that the timeline is not frequently updated since it is out of the country... I would love to get regular updates, but its so inconsistent and its frustrating. I would just like my truck now please lol
I ended up getting an update late last night that it's on the ship and should arrive in San Fran in a week or so. Getting closer!
Sponsored

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
I ended up getting an update late last night that it's on the ship and should arrive in San Fran in a week or so. Getting closer!
I wish I could see the timeline the dealership can see on the daily because I am getting impatient lol

fostuhh

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Pro Tacoma
I wish I could see the timeline the dealership can see on the daily because I am getting impatient lol
I agree. My dealer said she would send me a screenshot any time it updates so I am thankful for that.

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
I agree. My dealer said she would send me a screenshot any time it updates so I am thankful for that.
Mine has email notifications on for when it gets updated and he will update me when he gets an email.

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Hey y’all! New to this forum, but just picked up my TRD Pro yesterday by complete luck. Have been looking at a OR for a while but called a dealer that had one listed in transit for quite a while and they walked out and were just as dumbfounded as me that it had arrived. So I somehow got the first test drive with 5 miles on the odometer and ended up dealing the deal later that day.
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro deliveries have begun it appears! IMG_4798

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Congrats @BaronVonWolfenheiser. That is a beautiful truck.

I look forward to hearing what you think about it after you have some time with it. That is the first Pro I have seen with a front plate. which I will have to run with also.

Drunkmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
Have any pics?
Absolutely love the truck.

Only issue I have is the hood shakes like no tomorrow when driving or hitting bumps more then any vehicle I’ve ever owned before. Almost think it’s not mounted correctly.

If anyone else with a pro can chime In on your hood moving while driving or hitting bumps

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro deliveries have begun it appears! IMG_1352

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Absolutely love the truck.

Only issue I have is the hood shakes like no tomorrow when driving or hitting bumps more then any vehicle I’ve ever owned before. Almost think it’s not mounted correctly.

If anyone else with a pro can chime In on your hood moving while driving or hitting bumps

IMG_1352.jpeg
Drunkmonkey can confirm hood shakes. I’ve noticed it on the part of the hood behind the scoop that is closest to the windshield. Any sort of air flow seems to shake the shit out of it.

Drunkmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
Drunkmonkey can confirm hood shakes. I’ve noticed it on the part of the hood behind the scoop that is closest to the windshield. Any sort of air flow seems to shake the shit out of it.
Ok yeah mines the same place haha my only complaint with the whole truck

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
TRD Pro hood shake here too. I’m thinking it’s associated with the hood scoop. My TRD OR does not shake.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I have seen hood shake complaints on 4th gens with and without the hood scoop. I have seen complaints from some OR owner and also SR5s. That makes me wonder if it is an assembly issue, and not the scoop. Here is a complaint about that on an OR: https://www.4thgentacoma.com/threads/common-toyota-tacoma-problems.77/?post_id=5899#post-5899

Some 3rd gen owners found that the adhesive attaching the bracing under the hood had failed. When that was fixed the shaking stopped. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/hood-vibration-fixed.468042/

Has anyone gotten any feedback from their dealers except that the shake is just a Toyota trait? Dealers have been telling owners that since the 2nd gen in my experience. My 2nd gen had a scoop and it was the only trim that didn't seem to do it.

As @Tom Sellick said, get me my truck and I will be happy to add to the discussion.

PCGen4PRO

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Massive hood shake on mine when taken off road for the first time. Agree that it is my only complaint so far - needs a fix. I want to focus on tire placement and driving the right line but that hood is bouncing like crazy !

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro deliveries have begun it appears! IMG_4719

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I agree - it sounds like something Toyota needs to fix, particularly at the that price!

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I have seen hood shake complaints on 4th gens with and without the hood scoop. I have seen complaints from some OR owner and also SR5s. That makes me wonder if it is an assembly issue, and not the scoop. Here is a complaint about that on an OR: https://www.4thgentacoma.com/threads/common-toyota-tacoma-problems.77/?post_id=5899#post-5899

Some 3rd gen owners found that the adhesive attaching the bracing under the hood had failed. When that was fixed the shaking stopped. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/hood-vibration-fixed.468042/

Has anyone gotten any feedback from their dealers except that the shake is just a Toyota trait? Dealers have been telling owners that since the 2nd gen in my experience. My 2nd gen had a scoop and it was the only trim that didn't seem to do it.

As @Tom Sellick said, get me my truck and I will be happy to add to the discussion.
July 26th if it's on time :)
Sponsored