Sponsored

2024 TRD Pro iForce Max -- HUD? One Shark Fin?

vberber

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trd Pro
Heads up display confirmed on trd pro?

also some had 3 shark fins on the roof now only 1?

didn’t see option on configurator.
Sponsored

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
Heads up display confirmed on trd pro?

also some had 3 shark fins on the roof now only 1?

didn’t see option on configurator.
HUD is standard on pro and TH, the 3 sharkfins is an optional towing camera package i believe

OP
OP

vberber

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trd Pro
HUD is standard on pro and TH, the 3 sharkfins is an optional towing camera package i believe
Yea that’s what I heard in videos before but did not see option for wireless towing cam on config.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Yea that’s what I heard in videos before but did not see option for wireless towing cam on config.
Because it’s not an option.

it’s part of the premium package on the lower trims but standard on pro and TH

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Because it’s not an option.

it’s part of the premium package on the lower trims but standard on pro and TH
Wrong camera boss. It’s an option, just not a listed option just yet

Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Wrong camera boss. It’s an option, just not a listed option just yet
huh? The shark fin isnt the trailerpackage that is on all premium and up trucks?

what are you basing this on? There’s zero mention in the updated specs of a non standard camera

“Class-IV towing hitch receiver and wiring harness with 7-pin/4-pin connector; * Trailer Backup Guide (TBG); *Trailer Blind Spot Monitor: Trailer Camera *”

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
huh? The shark fin isnt the trailerpackage that is on all premium and up trucks?

what are you basing this on? There’s zero mention in the updated specs of a non standard camera

“Class-IV towing hitch receiver and wiring harness with 7-pin/4-pin connector; * Trailer Backup Guide (TBG); *Trailer Blind Spot Monitor: Trailer Camera *”
It’s a wireless camera that attaches to the back of your trailer, it requires two additional fin antennae receivers to operate. Saw some prepros that had them but no sight of them on the Toyota site. The single fin antenna is for the radio, whether it be for FM or XM, I’m not quite sure

The Sasquatch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My Pro has a single shark fin and the towing features standard. I think the 3 was just the test vehicles

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My Pro has a single shark fin and the towing features standard. I think the 3 was just the test vehicles
That is interesting and not something I have been paying attention to. I thought they all had three, but your truck proves that they don't.

If you get that trailer camera setup do they add the other two shark fins, or does it have to come from the factory that way? Or does the system now work with just the one shark fin?

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
nope. it's for a wireless trailer camera. from the horses mouth himself, time stamp 9:12

I've seen a couple Trailhunter build sheets with it PIO, they too will get the 3 fins. Only comes port right now, so you gotta luck out on your allocation. ~$1300 I believe

Last edited:

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My large trailer towing days are mostly over I think, so I didn't really need that camera system, but I wondered how that had sorted out. Does that mean that you have to add the outer shark fins if you get the trailer cameras? I have .a reduced need to tow now, which allows me to trade my Tundra in for my dream Taco, but I just thought that this tech was very cool.

I hope y'all are enjoying your sweet trucks. Mine is built but hasn't left Guanajuato yet, so it will be a while for me.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
My trailhunter only has one shark fin, never saw any options for additional trailering camera. Has all the trailer backup guidance stuff though I don't find any of it useful. The only thing I really like is the camera on the tailgate looking at the hitch. Can finally line up first time without the wife's crazy arm gesticulations.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@rchrds The camera systems are great and they are all you really need in a truck most of the time. But if you tow a large trailer very often with no view behind it, you really appreciate a camera system like Toyota is offering. Not many people need that, which is why it makes a good option.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
@rchrds The camera systems are great and they are all you really need in a truck most of the time. But if you tow a large trailer very often with no view behind it, you really appreciate a camera system like Toyota is offering. Not many people need that, which is why it makes a good option.
Do you have a link or anything for it? I've never seen one. I have a garmin remote camera- but of course that runs through the GPS, not the infotainment.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@rchrds The information used to be on the Toyota site, but in kind of an odd location, maybe under build? I think it displays on the digital rear view mirror kind of like just seeing through your tailer. That would have been awesome in some towing that I have done.

The system you have is the next best thing iMO.
Sponsored