Sponsored

Lets_Taco_Bout_It

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide Trailhunter
Figured I'd update ya'll on fitting 285's on stock Trailhunter wheels. Chris and TJ @Discount Tire in Seattle really took care of this install. No rubbing so far, might remove the crash pad after I take it out on some rough terrain to test any contact. I forsee having to get some aftermarket mud flaps....the OEM ones don't offer much coverage.

BFGoodrich
All Terrain T/A KO3
LT285 /70 R18 127S E1 RWL

BEFORE:

2024 Tacoma 285/17/R18 BF Goodrich KO3 tires on stock Trailhunter - before & after photos Image20241024091533

AFTER:

2024 Tacoma 285/17/R18 BF Goodrich KO3 tires on stock Trailhunter - before & after photos Image20241024091542

2024 Tacoma 285/17/R18 BF Goodrich KO3 tires on stock Trailhunter - before & after photos Image20241024091545
2024 Tacoma 285/17/R18 BF Goodrich KO3 tires on stock Trailhunter - before & after photos Image20241024091547
Sponsored

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
It's amazing the different, more aggressive look a nice set of AT's give the truck. Great choice on the K03's

OP
OP
Lets_Taco_Bout_It

Lets_Taco_Bout_It

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's amazing the different, more aggressive look a nice set of AT's give the truck. Great choice on the K03's
Absolutely. I'm keeping the other tires for longer out of state road trips and/or the summer months. I heard they're thinner than a normal tire of that size to help offset the cost.

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I actually don't know....I don't think there is one. It's truly whatever came with the stock wheels
So this is the *exact* tire I want to put on my stock Trailhunter wheels - thank you so much for posting. You look super close to the crash pad. I’m surprised. Do you think it’ll rub? Keep us posted please.

Can you show a front or back view to show the level of “poke” given the slight wider tire?

These tires weigh 63.9 pounds sadly because there’s no C load option. How is power and braking affected?

How is road comfort? Are they super stiff over bumps? How do they compare in this regard to stock? How about road noise and other handling characteristics?

Do you notice the added ground clearance ?

Why keep the old crappy tires ?

OP
OP
Lets_Taco_Bout_It

Lets_Taco_Bout_It

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So this is the *exact* tire I want to put on my stock Trailhunter wheels - thank you so much for posting. You look super close to the crash pad. I’m surprised. Do you think it’ll rub? Keep us posted please.

Can you show a front or back view to show the level of “poke” given the slight wider tire?

These tires weigh 63.9 pounds sadly because there’s no C load option. How is power and braking affected?

How is road comfort? Are they super stiff over bumps? How do they compare in this regard to stock? How about road noise and other handling characteristics?

Do you notice the added ground clearance ?

Why keep the old crappy tires ?

The guys at DT said that if I were to hit a downslope at a turn, there is a possibility of some rub. I'm going to leave it as is to see if I can see any signs of wear after driving for a bit.

In terms of handling, I think I notice a little difference, but not much. The primary difference is obviously vibration from the tread, however, I've read in places that once these get broken in, it smooths out considerably. Stock wheels were very smooth and gave very little vibration feedback.

I'm keeping the stock ones for when I want to head out of state on long highway road trips. Plus, the old ones only had ~700 miles on them....why not keep em. I also didn't switch the spare tire. That is still stock under the truck.

Sponsored

Paul85

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport Blue Crush
I know discount tire price matches. Did you pay discount tire prices or find a deal somewhere? I'm looking to upgrade also but think I will go with the 275/70R18 size so there is no rubbing at all. Still have to decide though, yours looks nice.

OP
OP
Lets_Taco_Bout_It

Lets_Taco_Bout_It

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know discount tire price matches. Did you pay discount tire prices or find a deal somewhere? I'm looking to upgrade also but think I will go with the 275/70R18 size so there is no rubbing at all. Still have to decide though, yours looks nice.
Yes, they matched WalMarts price. Which was a considerable amount of savings.

2024 Tacoma 285/17/R18 BF Goodrich KO3 tires on stock Trailhunter - before & after photos IMG_8229