Sponsored

6 ft bed mat - my DIY 6x4 rubber bed mat

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
My neighbor and friend bought a TRD Sport with 6ft bed, they put a 5 ft bed mat in it... I told him that he should go back to the dealership and get the 6ft bed mat, if they make it.

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Couldn't find any LB bed mats so made my own using 6x4 rubber mat.
1000008047.jpg
1000008047.jpg
Thanks for posting that. I've had same idea for only finding mats that appear to be fabric or porous. Where did you get the mat you cut down?

Thank you.

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
it was a 4x6 mat on Amazon
I see you later bought the TripleA liner. How does it compare to your DIY? I really want rubber, not TPE. About to buy and cut my own like you did.
Have to say I’m really put off there are no OEM mats for the long beds. It’s halfway through September. Really annoying. Sorry for the rant.

Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I see you later bought the TripleA liner. How does it compare to your DIY? I really want rubber, not TPE. About to buy and cut my own like you did.
Have to say I’m really put off there are no OEM mats for the long beds. It’s halfway through September. Really annoying. Sorry for the rant.
I relate. For a 1990s pickup I cut down a mat. It meant you were not stepping on the ribs, didn't slip like a liner could be or like the TPU plastic products.

For now I've been using the cardboard - big pieces - from the box my Fas-Top came in and while hardly long-term durable or waterproof it is not slippery or ribbed. I've been eying mats an area farm store sells thinking that cardboard with a long straight edge can help me have a template to cut a mat down.

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I've been eying mats an area farm store sells thinking that cardboard with a long straight edge can help me have a template to cut a mat down.
I am also looking at getting a mat from a local feed and supply store. Home Depot has some options as well with a similar underside texture as the OEM that’s available for the short beds.
The cardboard template is a great idea and I’m going to do the same, thanks for that suggestion.

OP
OP
TRD _Rob

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
love the triple A. Fit and finish is much cleaner

Jakedawgy

First Name
Rock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Premium Underground