Sponsored

6MT in Higher Level Builds?

HardShellTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD extra cab, MT
I want a TRD Off-Road with the Off-Road Premium Package. I'd prefer to have the 6MT. I can only justify that preference by saying it's just more fun for me to drive a stick. I own a 2004 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a manual, and I love it.

Looking at the builds that are being allocated, it's obvious to me that an Off-Road with the Off-Road Premium Package and a 6MT is going to be a very, very rare truck. That's if Toyota even choses to make any. Everyone seems to love the new 8 speed automatic, and I'd be willing to pick it, as long as I'm pretty sure the 6MT is going to be almost impossible to find.

So far, the 6MT has only been in lower end builds. For those of you that have a good feel for Gen 3 builds, did Toyota make many Gen 3 Tacos in higher-level trims with manual transmissions? Do you think higher-trim-level Gen 4 builds will be almost exclusively 8 speed automatics?
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
I want a TRD Off-Road with the Off-Road Premium Package. I'd prefer to have the 6MT. I can only justify that preference by saying it's just more fun for me to drive a stick. I own a 2004 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a manual, and I love it.

Looking at the builds that are being allocated, it's obvious to me that an Off-Road with the Off-Road Premium Package and a 6MT is going to be a very, very rare truck. That's if Toyota even choses to make any. Everyone seems to love the new 8 speed automatic, and I'd be willing to pick it, as long as I'm pretty sure the 6MT is going to be almost impossible to find.

So far, the 6MT has only been in lower end builds. For those of you that have a good feel for Gen 3 builds, did Toyota make many Gen 3 Tacos in higher-level trims with manual transmissions? Do you think higher-trim-level Gen 4 builds will be almost exclusively 8 speed automatics?

Sort of rare. The allocation list looks like it has about 15 or so that are OR M/T with the premium package out of the 108 that show M/T. Some are in freight status and at least one looks like it has already been sold.

Viper1973mk

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road (6MT)
I have an Off Road Premium 6MT that's scheduled for production next week. But the dealer had a terrible time getting an allocation for one.

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium (6MT) in WCP
Not the OR, but I have a TRD Sport with the premium package and 6MT scheduled to be built mid-March. It maybe took 2 weeks from putting down the initial deposit, with my requested trim/options, before they had an allocation for me. I'm not sure how much different it will be for the Off Road, I get the feeling it will depend on the dealer.
Sponsored