bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Fellow Taco owners,
I've recently contacted Toyota Customer support to ask them about having a docked menu for Android Auto, similar to what shows up for carplay (see attachment). This allows users with CarPlay to switch back and forth from the stereo system. Initially Toyota said that Android Auto would also have this capability but, according to the customer service rep, there are no current plans to develop this. I know it's a losing battle to try and get Toyota to listen to tech updates but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the docked menu?

2024 Tacoma Android Auto Docked Menu Update 20241017_121543
Sponsored

804Rocky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I honestly hope they Don't do this..... I hate the docked menu in Car play.

OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Interesting. Any specific reason? I find it annoying to have to click through the Android Auto to show all apps then click the Toyota icon.

804Rocky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I don't change very often back to the Toyota Interface, I almost exclusively stay on the Android Auto Screen. When I do I get that done as you say clicking back to the All Apps, and then the Toyota App. I prefer to have the real estate on the screen for android Auto. If it was able to be ran without the dock as well, then it wouldn't bother me at all. I believe Car play allows it to be visible or not.
Just a preference thing :)

Sponsored

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
I will admit the only thing I don't like about android auto in the truck is using the Mode button the steering wheel to switch to radio and the screen stays on maps/Spotify not displaying the radio station.
Otherwise the interface is fine. hitting 2 buttons to go back to the main screen isn't too much of a nuisance to me.

Larger issue is the truck maybe half the time auto connecting to my phone. No issue on my other 2 vehicles with the same phone.

OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
You might want to try disconnecting your phone from the truck then reconnecting. I've read that helps. I haven't had that issue on the truck, but I did have it on our Rav 4. I did find that running beta versions gave me connection issues.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
I hope this does not come as a forced feature, make it a toggle in the settings. I only run AA.

I wish they would leave an AA/CP icon at the top of the Toyota bar that would reconnect to available devices. Would save me the time of forcing the reconnect in the Toyota menus.
Sponsored