Sponsored

Trailcat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter (reserved)
I found a dealer who had a Limited allocation in Wind Chill. I asked for a color change to Red which was submitted and approved by Toyota. That was last week. Build date is mid-August with estimated delivery date mid to late September.
I haven't heard of anyone asking for a color change. I have a Trailhunter in Underground reserved, but really would prefer a Bronze Oxide or Ice Cap. The dealer told me the only way to change color would be if they could get a dealer trade.

You mentioned changing port installed options in a different post, I'll have to ask my dealer about that too.

FYI - my build date is 9/2 and they just gave me a delivery date of 10/6 (as of this weekend). I thought that was oddly specific given the fact that no dealer in the area has received a hybrid yet (that I've heard about!).
Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I haven't heard of anyone asking for a color change. I have a Trailhunter in Underground reserved, but really would prefer a Bronze Oxide or Ice Cap. The dealer told me the only way to change color would be if they could get a dealer trade.

You mentioned changing port installed options in a different post, I'll have to ask my dealer about that too.

FYI - my build date is 9/2 and they just gave me a delivery date of 10/6 (as of this weekend). I thought that was oddly specific given the fact that no dealer in the area has received a hybrid yet (that I've heard about!).
The main thing is that it's in the build phase. Now, it probably also depends on where in the build phase it is. My truck is scheduled to be built on the 24th, so any requests would certainly be denied at this point. As I mentioned previously, I caught it early, so getting Toyota to change things to my preferences wasn't an issue, apparently.

Lastly, I've dealt with several dealers, and one of the first had the most accurate information. Actually, the dealer I'm going with tried to say they couldn't do it, but when I pointed out that this wasn't true, they backtracked, saying they could ask but that it might not be approved.

You're buying a Halo model; apparently, it's a different realm for those models. Also, I don't see how they can be certain of the delivery date. There seem to be a lot of moving pieces in that phase, and the dealer certainly does not seem to be in the loop based on numerous comments on this forum.

Last edited:

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
My salesman texted me this morning saying that my trailhunter is still being built on 8/23.. so I asked if he could give me a delivery date and he said he could not till it was built

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My Pro was built on 7/27 and now has an estimated delivery range of 8/30/24 - 9/15/24.

I know that varies if it is going to an east coast port depending on ship scheduling. I think it might be quicker in the western US because it might come from Mexico to a US distribution hub by train.

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
My dealer called when they had an allocation for a TRD OR with premium package. I put my deposit down in late June 2024, build date was 7/10/24 and I picked my truck up on 8/16/24.

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
My dealer called when they had an allocation for a TRD OR with premium package. I put my deposit down in late June 2024, build date was 7/10/24 and I picked my truck up on 8/16/24.
Not a bad turnaround time. My Limited Hybrid is supposed to be built tomorrow, the 24th. Even a better than average delivery puts it at the end of September.

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Not a bad turnaround time. My Limited Hybrid is supposed to be built tomorrow, the 24th. Even a better than average delivery puts it at the end of September.
Yes, I feel like I got really lucky. It probably helps that I'm on the west coast so it came straight up from Baja on a train. I've heard the trucks that need to be shipped on a boat can take much longer.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
Congrats to everyone who has scored a new Tacoma. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with,”Vehicle May Be In Transit. Contact Dealer To Confirm Availability.” I do have a VIN # and my TRD PRO has a window sticker available on Toyota’s website. Whenever I pull up information from the Toyota Website, the window sticker also has a date of 7/11/2024.

I contacted the dealership August 26, who told me the TRD PRO arrived at the port on August 11, but that means the truck arrived at the port almost 30 days ago as of this post. I also forgot to ask what port the truck arrived to and whether the truck was at a port in Mexico or California. Starting to wonder if there’s a quality control hold or something, but clueless at this point. Any guidance or suggestions is appreciated.

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
The whole Toyota shipping thing is a mystery to me.

My Pro was built on 7/27 and a few weeks later they listed it as may be in transit and available 8/31-9/16. I contacted my dealer and they said 9/19. Then the Toyota inventory said 9/2-9/9, and today it stopped saying may be in transit and to contact dealer for availability.

Nothing yet from my dealer and I don't have a clue, except for hoping it is getting closer.

Good luck and let us know if you get yours.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The whole Toyota shipping thing is a mystery to me.

My Pro was built on 7/27 and a few weeks later they listed it as may be in transit and available 8/31-9/16. I contacted my dealer and they said 9/19. Then the Toyota inventory said 9/2-9/9, and today it stopped saying may be in transit and to contact dealer for availability.

Nothing yet from my dealer and I don't have a clue, except for hoping it is getting closer.

Good luck and let us know if you get yours.
Sweet you’re also getting a TRD PRO. But sounds like we’re in similar predicaments when it comes to Toyota’s mysterious shipping methods. That’s a bummer your PRO went from an actual delivery date to “Vehicle May Be In Transit.” Frustrating to say the least. Makes me wonder if it’s a Quality Control hold or Toyota’s notorious shipping that tends to lag with this newer generation of Tacos. I’ll make a post here if and when I do hear some type of update.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Sweet you’re also getting a TRD PRO. But sounds like we’re in similar predicaments when it comes to Toyota’s mysterious shipping methods.
Yep - a Terra TRD Pro, at least in theory. :)

I will post if it ever arrives and hope to hear that yours does also.

Trailcat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter (reserved)
The main thing is that it's in the build phase. Now, it probably also depends on where in the build phase it is. My truck is scheduled to be built on the 24th, so any requests would certainly be denied at this point. As I mentioned previously, I caught it early, so getting Toyota to change things to my preferences wasn't an issue, apparently.

Lastly, I've dealt with several dealers, and one of the first had the most accurate information. Actually, the dealer I'm going with tried to say they couldn't do it, but when I pointed out that this wasn't true, they backtracked, saying they could ask but that it might not be approved.

You're buying a Halo model; apparently, it's a different realm for those models. Also, I don't see how they can be certain of the delivery date. There seem to be a lot of moving pieces in that phase, and the dealer certainly does not seem to be in the loop based on numerous comments on this forum.
Any updates on your truck? Hopefully you have some shipping information by now.

For me, I had no luck changing the color on my reservation. I asked my salesman if they could change the color, or if not, maybe dealer trade. There's a dealer across town that had a pair of identical Ice Cap Trailhunters allocated and available, so in my mind it made sense they might entertain a trade for a different color. The response I got wasn't great. First they told me the manager would call me, which he never did. Then they told me I should be happy to have reserved one because they have "100 people" on the waiting list for my truck. Wrong answer.... lol. I called the dealer across town and reserved one in Ice Cap.

My truck was built on 9/3. Now I'm officially in the waiting game.

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got an update on my TRD PRO. I called Toyota Corporate and also received a call from the dealership I’m working with about an hour later. According to Toyota, my TRD PRO is on hold at the port waiting for the “hub caps and other parts to be installed.” Was also told by Toyota they are unaware of when the parts would arrive for install. Basically, from what I understood, sounds like it’s gonna be at least another 30-60 days potentially more. Anyone else hear anything different or similar? I wish I was kidding about the response Toyota gave me

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@YourOnlineHero that answer is pathetic and extremely lame.

So they shipped our trucks even though they somehow forgot to finish building them? Now they will sit outside for months waiting for the parts that should have been installed at the factory?

If my truck is in the same situation I might just take my deposit back and let some other poor fool wait months for Toyota to extract their collective heads from their asses. Then maybe in a few years, if Toyota remembers how to build trucks again, I will give them another look.

Did I mention that Toyota's answer is pathetic and lame?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
For me, I had no luck changing the color on my reservation.
Yesterday my neighbor told me that she was able to change the color of her Grand Highlander allocation. Toyota needs to train their dealers to get all of their lies to agree - it would be so much easier to follow.

I'm glad that you found a better dealer - that first one did not deserve your business.
Sponsored