ARB Sport bar practicality

24 TRD OR

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I am planning on getting the arb sport bar for my truck. I know the looks are a matter of personal taste, so would prefer to not have this turn into a discussion about that. My question is this: with MOLLE panel built into it, what would someone actually attach to it? Shovel? Traction board? I know the usefulness is very limited, but is there any real usefulness to it?
Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Been wondering this as well. People say you can mount things to the molle panels, but they are so small on this rack. So what can you mount there? Your camp coffee cup? A flashlight?

It looks like the bar might work for mounting lights on top if you didn’t want a roof rack.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Fire extinguisher? Extra gas cans? But that's what I thought of, besides what you mentioned.

Mine is coming off, and being replaced with a tonneau, which will give me WAY more flexibility and security. But I think I' might hold onto mine, in case I ever sell the truck. I'd like to pass it onto one of my boys though.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Outside a small rotopak, fire extinguisher or hatchet, there's not much room on the molle panels. I sold mine as I preferred a tonneau cover. You can't have both the way the bar is bolted to the bed rails.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
Wanna buy mine? It's 5 days old on my Trailhunter, and I need it gone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

24 TRD OR

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Whats your price, where are you?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5, 2004 4Runner SR5, 2001 E55 AMG
Bought one off a guy who needed to get rid of it in favor of a camper. I have an sr5. I love the way it looks and it turns heads for sure but it doesn’t seem all that practical.

2024 Tacoma ARB Sport bar practicality IMG_9046

parker17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD OFF-Road
I have a brand new ARB Bed Bar that just came off my TrailHunter in favor of a shell. Let me know if any of you are interested! I'm located in Southern California.
Sponsored