Sponsored

At this point would it be stupid to buy a 2024 TRD Pro instead of waiting for a 2025?

FoxTRDPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I have had a TRD Pro on order for the past two months and the delivery date keeps getting pushed out. At this point I'm wondering if I should just cancel the order and wait for the 2025 model year..... They usually come out in Octoberish which is only 3 months away.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
Sponsored

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I have had a TRD Pro on order for the past two months and the delivery date keeps getting pushed out.
Do you have a dealer allocation that you've put money down on? Or has the dealer just promised he'd find one?

The only thing that might change with the 2025s is the grill.

OP
OP

FoxTRDPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Do you have a dealer allocation that you've put money down on? Or has the dealer just promised he'd find one?

The only thing that might change with the 2025s is the grill.
I have an allocation, got one of the first in my area.

OP
OP

FoxTRDPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Why wait? The 2025s will be the same truck.
There have been dozens of posts about various failures with the stock drivetrain. The jury is still out on the hybrid platform. Ideally the 2025 might address some of these issues.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a price drop for 2025 as well. If not a price drop, more incentives.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I actually was expecting to end up with a 2025, but my dealer got an allocation and this is my build week. Having owned Toyotas for years there is very little chance of any changes to the 2025. The one plus might be that they will have sorted out some of the early production bugs.

I agree with @Planoman. Wait if that makes you feel better. I will not pass up the allocation that I already have, although it could be October before I receive my 2024.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
The drivetrain is gonna be the same. Every month that passes they probably improve manufacturing. I would wager the difference between an end of year 1 truck and a start of year 2 truck will be tiny if there’s any difference at all. If you want the perfect truck you will wait forever. The only good reason to wait IMO is that your model year will be one year newer, which might help a bit for resale.

johnandri

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Great question! I’ve been going back & forth for weeks now. I’m trying to stay away from the negative social media posts bc they can start playing with your head! I still haven’t received any information abt my Pro. My deposit was put in early September, and all I know is that I’m number two on a list. Every time I call, they have no further information, except it’s being built. I agree with Planoman, I’m ok to wait too. Not going to make a difference. I just get jealous anytime I see a new Taco on the road! 😝

Sponsored

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I would go for the 2024, if anything is resolved in the 2025 model year then those will also be resolved for the 24s via technical service bulletins which I guarantee will be done coming soon. Toyota knows if the common issues people are having and are developing fixes as we speak.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
If I was in your position with no build date and potentially a month or two out from getting the truck, yeah I would do it just to get a 2025. That being said I'm incredibly impatient and wanted my TRD Pro asap and thankfully got one of the very first ones. Only do it if you're already going to be waiting a bit anyway for the 2024, IMO.

TacomaDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD
I would wait if you can, let them work out all the first year issues.

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
I wouldn't expect to see 2025 on the lots until early next year. If you can wait, then wait, but know you'll be waiting 6-8 months longer for the same truck. The 2023 Chevy Colorados first hit the dealer lots in March 2023. Chevy ended up extending the 23 production run into December when typically it would've switch over late September early October. I would expect Toyota to do something similar so that the 24s don't end up being a short model year.
Sponsored