Sponsored

Auto power off stopped working ("Battery charging")

jan123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma limited
The auto power off function stopped working on my 2024 Tacoma Limited with about 500 miles on the odometer. When I try to engage it (by pressing the brake pedal firmly), it says that is unavailable due to battery charging. I used to see this message for a short time from time to time, but now it's always being displayed, even after a prolonged driving.

Did anybody else see this problem?
Sponsored

Jarhead71

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
My 436 mile 2024 Tacoma TRD just started doing it yesterday. I've come to about 10 stops in 40 miles and it won't auto shutoff. I get the battery charging every time. Just before this problem started, I was in the truck with the engine off using battery power to listen to XM radio. I was only on battery for less than 5 minutes.

I'm wondering if I triggered this problem by coming to park, shutting off the engine and immediately powering back to battery. Basically I pressed the start button three times, once to shutoff engine, and twice to power up the truck again. While I was sitting there I did change the 14" display from day to night mode and I dimmed it all the way.

jan123, is your truck still doing this? Any idea what the problem is?

OP
OP

jan123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma limited
No, it's not. It works as it should. It was ok next day when I started the truck, and it never happened again. It happened around the same mileage as you have now, but with almost 3,000 miles on it now, it never happened again. It may be that sometimes it just takes a little longer for the battery to charge, or it might have had something to do with breaking the truck in.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Are you talking about the situation explicitly called out on page 72-73 of the owner's manual? Or something different?

When the hybrid battery (traction battery) requires charging or the engine is warming up, etc., the gasoline engine will not automatically stop. (ď‚®P.73)

Suzay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport
My truck did this today as well I’m at 968 miles. I didn’t do any short trips. I did remote start it from app which I normally do every morning. Any new updates?
Sponsored