Sponsored

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium
Loved the look of the trailhunter’s front end, I think the contrast with the underground color goes well together.

After doing some research I found that the part number for the lower valance is:
#53911-AK010 for black
#53911-AK020 for silver

Toyota will sell you that part for around $300 and no way am I paying that much for a plastic panel.

So instead I picked up some aluminum colored plastidip for $15 and got to pulling out the front end. Bumper removal was fairly easy, followed nytop's hybrid bumper instructions. The plastidip matches the powdercoat of the trd skid plate almost exactly, even has a metallic finish.

2024 Tacoma Black lower valance swapped with Trailhunter silver valence 6A317BB4-269D-42B0-A033-B5D45FF4D06A
2024 Tacoma Black lower valance swapped with Trailhunter silver valence IMG_0573
2024 Tacoma Black lower valance swapped with Trailhunter silver valence IMG_0570

I know a lot of people prefer to black out the emblem and OEM off road wheels, but I actually like the machined rim and love how it looks with the silver valance and trd skid plate together.

Waiting for a few more mods before I post a full build thread.

edit: if anyone is getting a trailhunter in socal and wants to trade valances let me know :handshake:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
taco4moro

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like it. What bed rack and RTT are you running?
Yakima Outpost HD with a short side bar and short molle panel and Rough Country Hardshell tent.

The yakima rack does fit right out of the box, but it only fits about 80% flush on this new gen. the other 20% I've had to drill my own holes and diy with additional hardware to make everything fit perfect since the 5' bed only has about 4' of usable rail to mount the rack to.

That review will have to be a separate thread haha.

OP
OP
taco4moro

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the look, unsure on the longevity. But, definately like it.

Richard
Yeah won't be very durable. I'll see how much it holds up after a trail session, but at least it will be easy to respray.

I'll keep this look temporarily until I decide to upgrade to an aftermarket bumper.