Sponsored

Camber issue on 2024 TRD Pro suspension?

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Your dealer was ok using 3rd Gen specs for the targets?

I don’t think my dealer will do that, but if you’re happy with the alignment I’ll show them the print out. Appreciate the update.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wighty

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
Your dealer was ok using 3rd Gen specs for the targets?

I don’t think my dealer will do that, but if you’re happy with the alignment I’ll show them the print out. Appreciate the update.
For now I am. Based on what I heard, it’s probably too new to be in their system. I’m going to keep an eye on it and have them check again at the 5K check up.

PCGen4PRO

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Anyone get 24’ specs for alignment of our our Pros? Mine still suffering from GPS (Guanajuato Positive-Camber Syndrome)

2024 Tacoma Camber issue on 2024 TRD Pro suspension? IMG_4855

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I still can't find the specs, maybe they haven't been published yet, but some positive camber is in the range of adjustments for the 3rd gens. The positive camber your truck has looks to be in that range now, but without a machine it is hard to tell.

Last edited:

PCGen4PRO

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Agree - thanks Tacofreak - think I will beat these Goodyears like a rented mule and address the camber when 24 specs are out and baby needs new shoes

Sponsored

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
I’ll probably end of getting new Falken Wildpeak 4’s. Maybe go up in size at 285

PCGen4PRO

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I loved the Wildpeaks on my 20 Pro - great in the snow. Good choice

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I noticed this on my Limited when I took delivery. I don't notice it so much 6000K miles later. I would think they dialed in a little positive camber to allow the suspension to settle in.

OlafTheNork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Pro
I have a new 24 Tacoma Pro, 850 total miles. I just noticed the "Camber" visual issue identified in the first post and picture. I took the Pro into the local dealer (Team Toyota Of Merrillville, IN) for an alignment check. The check determined that Camber and Caster were within spec, but Toe was out of spec a minor amount. I went ahead and had the dealer perform the Toe adjustment; they also made minor adjustments to the already in-spec Camber & Caster. Before and After measurements are per the attached pic. Note per the pic that the "factory tolerances" are listed for those interested. Note also per the heading on the dealer "ExpressAlign" measurement system of: "Toyota Tacoma 4X4 2024", meaning to me the alignment specs "appear" to apply to all 2024 4X4 tacos, but of course I am not sure. I do know of course that the listed specs are for a 24 Taco PRO 4X4.

Dealer also stated:
1) Toyota allows per the 2-year free maintenance program on every new purchase: 1 free alignment within the 2-year, XX mileage period. A 2nd alignment within that period would be charged at normal dealer rates (which for Merrillville Toyota is $159).
2) Toyota recommends all Taco 4X4s have an alignment check once per year or every 15K miles, whichever comes first.

Last point: it appears per the above that the "Camber" appearance of wider on top, narrower on bottom, is normal/correct.

2024 Tacoma Camber issue on 2024 TRD Pro suspension? 240808-Olaf-24 Taco Pro - Dealer Alignment

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
So the positive camber on the 4th gen is greater than on the 3rd gen according to those numbers. Maximum camber for the 3rd gen was +0.8 and both of your front tires are greater than +1.

Interesting.

OlafTheNork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Pro
Thank you for that comparison. It all/partially explains why the 24 Taco Camber looks "Canted-Inward" on the bottom. Yes it is interesting.
Sponsored