Sponsored

Can 2025 Tacoma TRD Pro Fit 35" Spare Tire Underneath?

Nvideon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
Sorry for asking a weird question and for posting in the (probably) wrong section of the forum.

Would like to know if I change the spare tire to 35 if it will fit in the spare tire area under the truck?

Looked at the Maximum Spare thread for the 24 Offroad and wasn't sure if the TRD Pro has a different dimensions under it.

Again sorry and thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
I think the general consensus is no. There is a width issue, front to rear, as well as the issue of the spare hanging too low with a bigger size. I am going to try to fit a true 34, 285/70r18, when I get mine. I will post back and let folks know the verdict.

OP
OP

Nvideon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
I think the general consensus is no. There is a width issue, front to rear, as well as the issue of the spare hanging too low with a bigger size. I am going to try to fit a true 34, 285/70r18, when I get mine. I will post back and let folks know the verdict.
Awesome, thank you! Will for sure be waiting for that.

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Sweet I’m curious if it’ll fit! I’d love to stuff a true 34 under there too

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
interestingly, I saw my first pro in person this weekend. He was ripping through my neighborhood, incidentally. I had to haul ass down the highway to catch him and get a better look. Ha ha. I saw him in town later and snapped a pic of his truck (not sure if he is here, sorry for being a creeper if you are). It looks like he was running 285/70r18 wild peak at4ws if I can read the picture correctly. Looks like the 6-ply load range c size, as well, which is exactly what I was thinking of. I didn’t notice the spare, but I was pretty stoked to see one in person and wasn’t too observant.
2024 Tacoma Can 2025 Tacoma TRD Pro Fit 35" Spare Tire Underneath? IMG_6661

Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
34 is probably the highest I'd go, so I too am interested in whether they would fit or not. But if I up the tire size, I'm going down to 17s for more beef.

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
Here’s a couple zoomed in shots for those wanting to know, as well. Sorry for my terrible editing skills.
2024 Tacoma Can 2025 Tacoma TRD Pro Fit 35" Spare Tire Underneath? IMG_6666

2024 Tacoma Can 2025 Tacoma TRD Pro Fit 35" Spare Tire Underneath? IMG_6667
2024 Tacoma Can 2025 Tacoma TRD Pro Fit 35" Spare Tire Underneath? IMG_6668

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
Thanks for the pictures! I want to run the exact same size and the new AT4 as well.

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
I think I’ve convinced myself the tire says 6-ply and that the size is 285/70r18 (though I can’t read the size, just guessing) based on it being a load range c 6-ply and their available 18” tires sizes on Falken’s website.

What do we think? Can anyone tell from the tread pattern on the spare if we think it is a matching 34” underneath?

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
I think so as well. Would that match the comfort of the SL range (114) of the standard TRD Pro specs? I just wanna make sure I have the same amount of comfort

Sponsored

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
I think so as well. Would that match the comfort of the SL range (114) of the standard TRD Pro specs? I just wanna make sure I have the same amount of comfort
I think that’s the idea, but I don’t know. They are HEAVY comparatively. So, your guess is my guess.

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
Yeah might have to find an aftermarket wheel that’s lighter than the stock wheels. But honestly, the stock wheel / tire combo is amazing. Fills the fenders find. I want the AT4W for the snow rating and it’s overall performance

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
Yeah might have to find an aftermarket wheel that’s lighter than the stock wheels. But honestly, the stock wheel / tire combo is amazing. Fills the fenders find. I want the AT4W for the snow rating and it’s overall performance
I’m mostly worried about a few reports of punctures. I don’t want to be 12 miles deep in the remote mountains worrying about punctures with an SL load tire.

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
I’m mostly worried about a few reports of punctures. I don’t want to be 12 miles deep in the remote mountains worrying about punctures with an SL load tire.
I've got to get over worrying about the transmission quitting before I start worrying about punctures:)

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
34 is probably the highest I'd go, so I too am interested in whether they would fit or not. But if I up the tire size, I'm going down to 17s for more beef.
Same and same. Honestly id be okay with a true 33 too if that could fit in the spare slot. I’m still working full time and get out mostly on weekends so I don’t necessarily need thaaaaat much meat on my tires to get where I like to go.

I'm so happy that 17” wheels seem to fit just fine over the iforce max brakes. Phew.
Sponsored