Sponsored

Canada - My estimation for the 2024 Hybrid Off Road Premium

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
That is a tough comparison to make. The Hybrid Tundra includes the 12.3 driver display, whereas the gas does not. Think there are some other differences too.

I'm not sure the difference will be 7.9% overall for the Tacoma. That seems too aggressive. I think they eat the cost of the Sway Bar disconnect, and the 65k estimate is closer to the actual difference, which lines up with your other percentage calculations. If you do a USD to CAD comparison, we should pay much more for the Tacoma than we are.

OP
OP

jside86

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
You are correct, with our current exchange rate we are getting a better deal north of the border. I wouldn't mind if hybrid be close to 65k CAD. I still think they'll price it shy of 67k when they start selling. At 65k I am a buyer, higher than that and I'll stick with the gas OR Premium.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I think you're a couple grand short. From what I could tell, the hybrid has a couple more options snuck in that don't appear on the specs for the gas model: underbody protection, 18" wheels and tires, in addition to the SDM that you've already included. Also consider that the SDM is like $1230USD on the US build tool, so $1500CAD is optimistic.

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
You are correct, with our current exchange rate we are getting a better deal north of the border. I wouldn't mind if hybrid be close to 65k CAD. I still think they'll price it shy of 67k when they start selling. At 65k I am a buyer, higher than that and I'll stick with the gas OR Premium.
Fair. I'm lined up for a Limited, which I intend to stick with at around $65-67k. That said, if it is $70k, it is a pretty hard sell when the Denali Canyon is $64.4k and the Ford Ranger Lariat is $58.9k, both with more features (power seats, rain sense wipers, etc). Not to mention a Land Cruiser in mid trim starts to look more enticing in the low 70s with more options too.
Sponsored