Sponsored

Cricket noise

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I have a 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport with 850 miles on it. I can hear a very faint cricket noise only while accelerating. Is this something to worry about? Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Sponsored

NYCtaco

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR
I hear it too! 2024 Tacoma OR. Not sure what it is but glad it’s not just me

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Intermittent or constant?

OP
OP
Tacomasaurus Rex
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear it too! 2024 Tacoma OR. Not sure what it is but glad it’s not just me
How many miles you have on it? I only started hearing it yesterday and it is not the normal injector noise. The cricket sound is much quieter than that

NYCtaco

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR
How many miles you have on it? I only started hearing it yesterday and it is not the normal injector noise. The cricket sound is much quieter than that
Around 850 miles. But I think the sound has always been there for me. Very very quiet you can barely hear it.

Sponsored

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
Is the A/c on when your hearing the noise...mine makes a chirp but only after starting up

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
I have a chirp noise that seems to be getting louder at 2.5K miles. For the life of me can't figure out what it is, it's more pronounced with the window down. Kind of seems like a squeak coming from the rear suspension.. was planning on mentioning to the dealer whenever I take it in for the first free oil change.

TacoChip

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 SR5
Are you sure it isn't just the noise the turbo makes?

Sponsored

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Had my Tacoma since April, put about 2k miles on it and noticed this sound too, it's always between shifts at low speeds. It's gotta be the turbo. I've since done an engine oil change, and driven it cross country. I'm now driving up and down steep dirt roads daily going from 4L to 4H to 2H and have had no issues, the chirp during shifts at low speeds still exists.

OP
OP
Tacomasaurus Rex
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had my Tacoma since April, put about 2k miles on it and noticed this sound too, it's always between shifts at low speeds. It's gotta be the turbo. I've since done an engine oil change, and driven it cross country. I'm now driving up and down steep dirt roads daily going from 4L to 4H to 2H and have had no issues, the chirp during shifts at low speeds still exists.
Okay that’s good to know! I am taking a long road trip to Tennessee tomorrow so hearing that yours is still fine after all that is easing my mind. Probably just that turbo

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I started noticing that cricket noise recently. Much easier heard when windows are down. One difference for me is I heard it today at 50-plus mph.
I set the info display to show when the turbo kicks in and I do think it is associated with the turbo, though I can’t say for certain yet and I also didn’t notice it the first couple weeks I had the truck. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t happening, but if I had to wager one way or the other it sounds different than when I drove it off the lot. I hope I’m wrong. I just hit 1,500 miles.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Any updates? Mine does the same when the trucks sat for a while and i start it and go from park to drive. Once i start driving away it give s a little chirp and stops.