Defects of Tacooma that everyone should look at

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
my 24 Tacoma has none of these issues and guess what Toyota is going to sell every single 2024 Tacoma. Pre delivery inspection should be done by everyone regardless of how blinded by the light you are at the time of purchase/delivery. Think you won’t have to wait for the 25 model year and expect none of the same issues to happen on a small number of overall Tacomas. Maybe I am wrong maybe 2025 is a magical year of the Tacoma perfectly made flawless in every way crafted by robots that are incapable of making a mistake like a human being. Is there less chance of a defective flaw because of Experience in production maybe so but the 2025 is no better then 2024. You will have to wait for your truck you will have to inspect yourself for defects. Small improvements may be made in 25 but who knows go ahead wait and see.…………..
Sponsored

Echoedlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Silverado 2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I'll also add to this paint defects as well, it was pointed out in another thread a few days ago. Quite a bit of bubbling paint especially on the lower half of the doors on some people's(on my OR it's only seemingly on the lower door panels so I really don't notice it)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
Water in side the door after rain, isnt this normal. The rain water would drain out when you open the door. My other gen tacomas all had this, so thought this was normal. When you open the water drains out and then its gone.

Sponsored

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I'll also add to this paint defects as well, it was pointed out in another thread a few days ago. Quite a bit of bubbling paint especially on the lower half of the doors on some people's(on my OR it's only seemingly on the lower door panels so I really notice it)
It’s heavy chip guard lol, all tacomas have that. Its to protect against debris hitting the bottom of the doors

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Some of these people obviously never owned a truck let alone a Toyota truck.
My first Toyota truck with that chip guard was a 1983, so it is not new to me. Cars and trucks are different beast, so there is a lot of new stuff for some buyers.

The 4th gen Taco has attracted a lot of new truck buyers, which I think is great. I think that a sweet design, better driving position and up to date tech have made more people consider them.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
My first Toyota truck with that chip guard was a 1983, so it is not new to me. Cars and trucks are different beast, so there is a lot of new stuff for some buyers.

The 4th gen Taco has attracted a lot of new truck buyers, which I think is great. I think that a sweet design, better driving position and up to date tech have made more people consider them.
I agree

Echoedlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Silverado 2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Hey @Echoedlite. Could you post some pictures of the bubbling? I would be very interested to see what that looks like.
Here's the thread I was mentioning https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/paint-imperfections-orange-peel-finish.5618/

I misspoke in my other post. *I don't really notice it* though too. I've had two other Chevy trucks and been around other makes including Toyota and have never noticed chip guard on them. Sounds like a really cool feature, kinda surprised they don't mention it.
20240721_114529.jpg

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Here's the thread I was mentioning https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/paint-imperfections-orange-peel-finish.5618/

I misspoke in my other post. *I don't really notice it* though too. I've had two other Chevy trucks and been around other makes including Toyota and have never noticed chip guard on them. Sounds like a really cool feature, kinda surprised they don't mention it.
20240721_114529.jpg
These are off-road pick up trucks, Toyota overbuilds the heck out of them to last many years. The chip guard is a great way to prevent rust and stone chips. Toyota is also the only truck manufacturer that is now spraying cavity wax anti rust agent into its fully boxed frame also into the doors and tailgate .

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Sounds like a really cool feature, kinda surprised they don't mention it.
I agree. Not only is it a cool feature, and telling buyers about it would stop them from thinking that Toyota doesn't know how to paint a truck. :cool:
Sponsored